Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballymount cottages -safe area for rent/lease?

• 26-08-2021 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am from outside Ireland and i am looking outside student village for the first time.

Hence need urgent info on this.

is ballymount cottages on turnpike road a reasonable area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

If you like living in an industrial estate then it's fine. It wouldn't be my cuppa tea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Its a very busy industrial estate monday to friday.

Traffic can be a nightmare (especially pre-covid it was nearly always back upped during rush hour) and it seems to be heading that way again

In terms of safety its absolutely fine, although I havn't lived there, I do live close by and have walked through it at every hour and theres never been a problem, if anything its a great place to go jogging at night.

But the noise of the trucks and the traffic during the week would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chnvel

thank you for your feedback. is it possible to elaborate the issues that makes it a no in your eyes?

I have to work from home as a software guy. that could be a concern for meetings.

The only alternative viewing i had was fortlawn park and from what i hear its highly not recommended.

i have only 4 days left since students are returning and i have been asked to leave..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

If you work from home the noise won't really be a problem, assuming the windows are double glazed. Just keep them closed if you have calls or preferably work in the rear of the house.

The area is fine and safe, but as mentioned it is at the start of an industrial estate so there will be traffic and the roads to the west of the house just won't be particularly nice to look at (mostly warehouses). But to the east is Walkinstown which has nice parks, a Supervalu, a Lidl and there's even a pop up dumpling place which is a few hundred metres away from the cottages (The gentrification process has well and truly begun).

The Walkinstown roundabout is also very well serviced with busses.

• Advertisement

The landlady didn't respond for that one.

Hence staying at broohaven rise, Corduff through hosting power.

Advertisement