Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 12: Belgian Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

max gets pole after pipping Russell.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

George f*cking Russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Russell!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭McFly85

Russell on the front row, unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How can Merc not put Russell in for Bottas next season

Absolutely brilliant by George

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Give that man a Mercedes. Unbelievable from Russell

You’d have to feel Lando could have got pole by an absolute street if he didn’t crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

George Russell P2 in a Williams. What a lap!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Take a bow George. What an epic finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭klose

Holy **** George Russell on the front row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Damn you Max, could you not of just qualified 2nd

Unbelievable from Russell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

amazing lap from George, its emotional, watching him drive so great this year.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Bottas P13 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Fair play George. Very embarrassing for perez and Bottas to be so far off the pace in their cars and Russell in p2 in a Jaysus Williams.

The rumours are all pretty sure that he'll get the Mercedes drive.

How can Toto and Merc genuinely watch the talent they have on their hands and not put him in that car next year?

Hamilton won’t be around forever, and George has the head on his shoulders to know that if he takes a back seat in his first season then his time will come.

The fact this conversation is dragging on as long as it has is baffling. It should have been put to bed after Sakhir last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Jesus Webber just ask the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I think they want to avoid another Rosberg V Hamilton season, where the 2 of them are constantly taking points away from each other. This will be much more costly now than back in 2016, as Red Bull are competitive, and the rest of the grid is much closer.

If Mercedes don't take him, he must be in the sights of a few other teams. Russell and Lando at McLaren would be great to see.

If it is a wet race, could we see Russell on the podium? They seem to have one-lap pace anyway, and being out near the front the visibility will have a big impact. I just hope he has a battle with Hamilton, rather than letting him past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭klose

Webber even alluded to Williams giving merc a hand in his post qualifying interview which I thought was odd and kind of awkward.

Russell for all his unbelievable qualifying this year does seem to get gobbled up off the start and the first lap, verstappen will go off aggressively to get out ahead of the spray.

Mercedes can very easily get Russell to play the team game.

Bottas is not the answer for Mercedes post-Hamilton. They need to get on with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Just heard Vettels full radio, he was furious. Fair play for stopping to check on Lando

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I'd say it has been settled behind closed doors and long time ago. Just because they haven't announced it publicly, doesn't mean it's not in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Russell sliding into Lewis at the first corner please

Max off at Eau Rouge and Danny Ric to win

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Think the Russel thing is a done deal, but they're trying to tie up the Bottas to Alfa move before announcing anything. I think it was Joe Saward had that on Twitter last week.

Stupid question from Webber tbh, would say that's the last thing on Russel's mind

Just had F3 on there. Doohan leading Schumacher is quite pleasing on the eye for vintage motorsport fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I left for half an hour to do some chores during the Q3 red flag. My timing was worse than Red Bull's during the Hungarian quali session.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Was a bit long out drawn ...

Fair play to Russell for P2 and Vettel for stopping next to Norris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Considering his race pace so far I wouldn't expect a podium for George but who know it looks like it's going to be a wet one so anything could happen. 1 massive pileup and another crash with Lando today all in the same spot on the same weekend. I really hope nothing happens there tomorrow. This should be a good one I reckon.

If the conditions are more of the same tomorrow than I wouldn't rule out Mazepin winning the race to be honest.

Lando, before he crashed, looked so far ahead of the rest of them though. Really looked at home in these conditions.

Watching YouTube videos post-qualy here. The Williams lads just look absolutely elated. Love to see it.

• Advertisement

I just love the Williams team. They deserved their place today.

Advertisement