Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday

Options
  • 28-08-2021 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭

Goodwood 4:45 - Former Jim Bolger trained Clongowes wasn't given much of an effort last time out and didn't seem to enjoy the soft ground but still finished a credible 4th. Dropped 2lbs and with better ground, I think it can go better again today. Priced up as the outsider of the field at a crazy 66/1, there's no way this is the worst horse of this field.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I'm on two horses today, and looking at odds for a third. All in Navan.

3.42 - Red Heel - 10/1 ew - 3 places 0.25

I think this is a poor enough race. The form for other horses is a bit wishy washy, and despite Red Heel drifting a little, you have to respect her performance on good ground this season. Her one poor race this year was over a shorter distance on muckier ground. The drift is telling me there's something I don't know about the horse, but if you based every bet on that you'd never get one on, and would be pouring cash away backing based on the too often equally-as-clueless-as-you market presence.

4.15 - Queen Amanirenas - 33/1 ew - 3 places 0.25

A long shot this one, but I've been kicking myself these past two days by not going with my gut on long shots. Similar to Red Heel, Queen's performances have to be adjusted based on ground, and doing that I have her a lot shorter than 33/1. The bookies did too, opening up at 16/1 (as far as I can tell.) Another case of maybe I should pay attention to the market, but again I have nothing on the inside with connections. I'm just a punter looking at the Racing Post. I think the jockey on her is decent as well, or has been doing OK recently (I'm new to watching flat racing so I don't know much about them.)

Horse I'm watching is Shoebox King. Again, it's horses for courses, or at least horses for going. It has to be significant that Navan, I think, are reporting GF in places. The 5f might be 1f too short for him, and that might be why he's out to 10/1, but I have a feeling I'll be closely looking at the machine and my bookies odds in the lead up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.00 Navan, the fav Sablonne @ around even money looks to be a steal. I've just finished backing it to win. Best form in the race and my best bet of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Good2:25. Oh this is us looks too big a price here at 50/1.

Advertisement