Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW3 captain pick

• 23-08-2021 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Listed the options in order of games played, also made anonymous as was suggested in the previous one

Sorry if I missed anyone obvious, I was already at ten choices so don't shoot me for not including Mane :)

GW3 captain pick 134 votes

Mahrez (Home to Arsenal)
    1% 2 votes
    Grealish (Home to Arsenal)
    0% 1 vote
    Ings (Home to Brentford)
    14% 19 votes
    Vardy (Away to Norwich)
    2% 4 votes
    Antonio (Away to Palace)
    46% 62 votes
    Salah (Home to Chelsea)
    4% 6 votes
    Bruno (Away to Wolves)
    16% 22 votes
    Son (Home to Watford)
    10% 14 votes
    Kane (Home to Watford)
    1% 2 votes
    Other (Comment in thread please)
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Antonio is at home to Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Ah feck, I knew I'd goof. I can only edit the post not the options, sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Probably Antonio at home to Palace if he doesn't injure himself tonight! No Bruno for me and Wolves have done alright defensively, not sure if I'd go with Greenwood. Chelsea have had a really strong start so I'd rule out Salah I think, I don't see a lot of goals in that one for Liverpool. Not sure about Ings if he's not on penos.

Mahrez tempts me, as Arsenal have had a poor start and Mahrez only played 15 in the last match, but you're running the risk of Pep roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I have a load of decent (C) picks with no one standing out.

Mahrez - Pep roulette

Salah - Home to a good defence

Ings - Brentford 2 clean sheets so far

Bruno - Looked toothless at the weekend

Benrahma - He's no Antonio..

In short, haven't a breeze yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

People very quick to pile on Ings??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Ings might be a good punt/differential at this stage of the season with no reliable City picks and Liverpool/Chelsea playing each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Antonio my pick against a palace team trying to play it out. Brentford well orgsnised.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pain in hole not being able to quote parts of a post, but on the Salah comment and the solid Chelsea defense - playing against Crystal Palace and a depleted Arsenal team doesn't mean that their defense is solid. On paper it looks good, but has it been really tested? Also who knows what players will play on Saturday. At start of season, would you have thought Christensen would be starting both games, or that Chilwell/Silva be dropped or that Chalobah would be starting games.

Salah could easily have had a monster score last weekend but was very unlucky - unlike say Bruno who was anonymous. So best on his form, playing against his old team, and the nature of the game i think i would fancy Salah to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Yea I have both Ings and Antonio , tempted to captain either . But I also have Son

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Lukaku should definitely be an option. I have a feeling Chelsea are going to beat Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

To be fair Chelsea’s defence since Tuchel took over has been fantastic. It hasn’t just been the last few games we’ve witnessed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hard not to be pick Antonio after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd imagine most people will go with Antonio now. He and West Ham are in great form. Palace, on the other hand, look poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I know this sounds stupid (esp with streams), but I think I've always captained a player where the match is on TV, and of course West Ham v Palace isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats me on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

First time I will captain a wham player so 2 pointer incoming !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Antonio is the firm favourite on the Fantasy Football Scout poll with 31% of the more than 11k votes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Xander10

Last time I captained him his dodgy hamstring went after 20 mins.

But I'm still tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Calvert-Lewin is my pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I've changed to Kane, was waiting for the presser to check there wasn't a niggle or anything

Decided to make my transfer today instead of tomorrow so Twitter doesn't sway me. Will see how that works out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have the armband on him now and dont think I'll change it before deadline. On his hamstrings he came out and said he has totally changed his lifestyle and diet this season and he feels it has helped a lot with fitness. Its still a punt but if not now at the start of the season then when. I wouldnt do it with 3 games to go but GW3 is fine as if it doesnt work out theres still lots of time to catch up. He's in form and its a decent home fixture v Palace.

Kane is probably the most obvious pick this week v Watford after he scored twice last night but most dont own him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anto's yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

No Antonio so rolling the dice with Benrahma 

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Me either. Between Son and DCL so taking on a punt on DCL. Everton have started well.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I just transferred him in so it would be kind of tempting. You not worried about Brighton having a decent defence?

Although I think I heard somewhere they are poor on set pieces so DCL could have some joy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

They've only played Burnley and Watford. Think Everton will be a different test. He's on pens as well.

It's still a punt because I'm not backing Pool Chelski.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Going with Salah.

Not convinces with Chelsea’s rotations at the back & feel they’ll be caught out.

I love the evening games too & with Liverpool at home, I’m taking a chance on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta be Antonio for me.

Advertisement