Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Panerai!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Right i cant be bothered trying to find old pics of them all but to the best of my recollection, and in rough order these are the panerai i have owned.

Pam 000 ( this was the very entry level PAM back when i bought it, back when BT had a watch section), no sandwich dial, no running seconds and has the logo, these were probably the reason it didnt last too long

Next was a Pam 183, this was more like it, again an entry level, radiomir this time, wire lugs, sandwich dial, see through case back, this wore beautifully and i think probably lasted the longest with me, id buy one again.

Next was the Pam 359, 1950s case luminor, military dial, automatic movement, i think what i really wanted at the time was a 312, and i should have waited, i prefer the simpler dial

Then came the 312, same as above but a cleaner aesthetic, both wore big, and in reality too big for me, the original 1950s case i found a bit awkward on the wrist, the 000 and radiomir sat better

I think next was Pam560 , this is the spiritual successor to the Pam 112, redesigned case as well (little slimmer) and 8 day movement, probably should have hung onto this as well

and then the most recent one was the Pam redesigned 1950s case, must nice to wear, no faux lume to be seen either (panerai went through an extended faux lume period), again was probably a little hasty moving this along

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

My fave would defo be the Pam 183 Cy. They're a nice watch in the flesh too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭scwazrh

The Pam 000 would be the one for me out of those ,then the 312 .

what have you at the moment ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Hard getting caught out with your Pams down

Better to have Pamed and lost then to never have Pamed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wibbs, please ban these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

There is a few lads around here all to used to the palm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Pamdemonium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've been tempted to Pam them CC, but that crosses a line.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

it’s like Breitling for Bentley again. Panerai have history obviously with their Ferrari editions but watch and car collaboration rarely age well

Advertisement