Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phil Lynott: Songs For While I'm Away (RTE One)

Options
  • 25-08-2021 9:59pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Started on RTE a little while ago.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind Metallica's version of Whiskey in the Jar ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sound levels on that doc are a disgrace

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Being the girlfriend of a rockstar would be a tough job, given they usually are riding all around them.

Boys are back in town is such an anthem, mad they didn't think it would be a hit.

I'm not mad on Thin Lizzy as a band, but Cowboy Song is great.

• Advertisement

Midge Ure looks a lot like Patrick Stewart.

That song Sarah is such mawkish crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Agreed, had to keep turning the volume down for the music and then back up again afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Shocking. Some of the spoken segments are way below the music ones. Why would that be the case in the this day and age when you could run it through a computer to balance it up?

Bad luck kept hitting when they tried to go to America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Improved a bit, but first half was woeful. Not sure who's fault it is, the doc makers or RTE.

RTE's sound levels between programme and ads are always terrible, so may be them

Getting a bit grim now.

Was a fair old whimper he went out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I went to see it in the Stella last week , almost needed subtitles in parts. Was interesting , the not breaking US was a pity

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I saw this twice in the Lighthouse cinema and the sound was excellent, I'd no issue hearing dialog and the music sounded incredible. So I suspect the issues many of you were facing were down to RTE's usual skinflint broadcasting approach messing up the mix (as per usual - ever hear of 5.1 RTE?)!

Advertisement