Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta Stage 11 - Antequera → Valdepeñas De Jaén (132km)

• 25-08-2021 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭

Finish

Another interesting day ahead, should be one for the break again, however the way Roglic is feeling don't be surprised to see him attack again on the last climb that peaks 8km out.

The finish is a lot steeper than it looks like in that profile above as well, see Dani Moreno's win in 2013

Velogames Standings:

1. 3498 Squeaky the BB mouse Enfilade

2. 3054 Cccbrandypokeanietzsche Ronan Joyce

3. 3011 AG2Badger MangleBadger

4. 2902 Big Guns Big Guns

5. 2778 Los Lonchas de la caratera Daroxtar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Philipsen and Arunburu are DNS today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Short stage. Plenty of action hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Only five in the breakaway with a short two-minute lead. The peloton want this... quite different from yesterday!

Edward Planckaert (Alpecin-Fenix), Jonathan Lastra (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA), Magnus Cort (EF Education-Nippo), Joan Bou (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Harm Vanhoucke (Lotto Soudal)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Cant see past Roglic for this stage but the team will have to put him in the right place as positioning is everything

would suit carapaz if he was on form

Cort making the Peloton work harder than they thought they'd need to

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Magnus Cort looking determined. How confident will Roglic be descending here?

Great finish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

That was some finish. Corts FuckeD

• Registered Users Posts: 27,382 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That was brutal watching Cort Nielsen being swamped by the vanguard of the peloton... he was swerving so much he nearly was going backwards by the end.

Top 5

1. Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma)

2. Enric Mas (Movistar Team), +3''

3. Miguel Angel Lopez (Movistar Team), +5''

4. Jack Haig (Bahrain Victorious), +7''

5. Adam Yates (Ineos Grenadiers), s.t.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

That was a fantastic last k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Morris Garren

Squeaky already looks home and dry, and with both Aranburu and Philipsen gone home, looks like Jacobsen just has to stay upright to win points jersey. With Carthy and Valverde gone, Bardet battered, Landa Bernal and Aru looking off the pace, its Roglic's race to lose, assuming he can continue to hold off Mas and the typically inept Mobiestar crew (he should).

My courageous suitcases aren't too courageous so far.. ..

I got lucky with superman Storer winning 2 stages and I backed him purely from the L'Ain win a few weeks ago. So thats 500 points. I lost Carthy too so he would have been adding to gc points every day had he been up there. Padun has been the dud in my picks after that only scored 38 points so hopefully he has a stage a 2 in him or a decent finish on a few. Jakobsen is money in the bank if he can take green to the end.

On the race itself, FDJ have had a shocker. Démare is still there but not sure for what and the rest of the team haven't been in breaks and Israel have been quiet too with only 5 lads left.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Morris Garren

I picked 'Jose' Herrada by mistake instead of his more accomplished brother... Christ on a Bike! Maybe they have a sister called Mary, just to complete the picture. 😀

Advertisement