Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alitalia goes bust

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The just gone Alitalia was already a replacement airline from a previous engineered bankruptcy!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thread title should be Alitalia goes bust - yet again!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Joke of a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Terrible Airline. Worst experience of my life apart from Sabena (such a bad experience, never again)

The seat was ripped, the floors were dirty, despite having three seats and no one on the flight, the steward gave me aggro about ruining the seat by laying across three seats (no shoes just socked feet)

No doubt its just another bankruptcy they are sorting out a way to dodge paying people AGAIN!

• Advertisement

Yet again dump your losses onto whoever is stupid enough to extend you credit after the last few times...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A 75 year old airline. Sad to see them go... I only ever flew them once in the late 90’s but they seemed a good professional outfit. They literally lost hundreds of millions over the last 7/8 years.... on the skids big time well before covid too to be fair.

over 12,000 employees, shît.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Alitalia that's hit the wall now is 6 years old, replacing one that's 12 years old - I'd expect they'll put the brand name on this new op eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭AnRothar

I haven't heard the SABENA joke in a while 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I had the same experience as NSAman. A320 looked like it had been abandoned by junkies inside and the outside wasn't much better. It had been on a long Summer run doing charters at night. Our airline hired in for a short while and we took lots of photos. When we handed it back, they tried to claim that we had done the damage until we showed them the photos. Our fleet cleaners did their best but it still looked shabby going back.

• Advertisement

ALITALIA - Always Late In Takeoff Always Late In Arrival

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭3d4life

"Sabena (such a bad experience, never again)"

"ALITALIA - Always Late In Takeoff Always Late In Arrival"

Because everything should be in groups of three :

"DELTA - Dont Expect Luggage To Arrive"

Arousing Erotic Randy Ladies In Nice Green Uniform Suits 😮

Let Us F* The Hostess, As No Steward Available 😮😮

Eh, I think we'll leave it there, as Bill used to say.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

What a joke.Was it 20 years ago that Alitalia went bust? Same as the the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What no one got on saying fir Ryanair?

Ready yes and now availible in reality.

Any do any better?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Rejecting Yours And Nearly All Inquiries for Refunds?

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement