Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 newbraces

Just got email to confirm panel expired 10/12/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gee Kay

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Yes original email sent on the 10th but it landed in my spam folder which I never saw but luckily they came looking for an update yesterday which hit my inbox.

My e-mail also came in on the 10th. Received additional e- mail yesterday with the verification documents - Garda vetting, etc.. A nice early Xmas present.
    Congrats to all who received offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Has anyone that received an offer been given a start date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I emailed them earlier for an update. They are checking qualifications this week and will then be emailing references, so I'd say we are still 2 weeks from receiving any definit offers.

Anyone else who got a provisional offer, get another email regarding references Friday?

• Advertisement

Anyone else who got a provisional offer, get another email regarding references Friday?

No I didn't receive one. I forwarded my reference contact details when they were also looking for copies of qualifications/professional body memberships and Garda vetting form.

Anyone heard anything definite yet?

Anyone heard anything definite yet?

Yes I heard back at the start of this week and they said that I was now fully verified and that I can now be offered the position.
    They asked what would be the earliest date that I would be available to take up the job. They will probably respond once they have an official starting date.

Gee Kay wrote: »
    Yes I heard back at the start of this week and they said that I was now fully verified and that I can now be offered the position.
    They asked what would be the earliest date that I would be available to take up the job. They will probably respond once they have an official starting date.

Im at the same stage just worrying now that this will drag on, with my current employer waiting for me to give him notice, now that he has given a reference.....

Well I have my start date but no details around the how this is going to work in the current restrictions, did anyone get any details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Hi
    Ant update on Etray? Has anyone for Clare been invited to do it yet?

Tia

Well I have my start date but no details around the how this is going to work in the current restrictions, did anyone get any details?

Yes I too got my starting date. I am still waiting on the actual details for day 1 but I am still two weeks away from starting so I will hopefully get more details next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Just wondering if anyone knows whats the take home pay after deductions for executive officer starting, trying to work out the difference between what i currently take home vs what i would be on in revenue if i went there.

Would there be overtime in revenue or would you just do your 9-5 and be out the door home? is there flexi time, i hear about in CS where you can work up an extra day and a half through out the month which sounds like a nice benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ems85

Hey, just wondering if any one has applied for the 2021 competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

1000 NET a Fortnight starting give or take a few euros (30,884 py)

There is overtime depending on the department but more likely when back to the office, not really an option wfh

There is flexi time as you say you can work up a day and half a month but currently if working from home this is not an option

Can start anytime from 8-10am and finish anytime from 4-7pm as long as you do your hours (depending on dept obviosuly, could be set hours if customer facing)

Yeah I did. I think I did much worse than last year very disappointed in myself now I don’t expect to get through to the next round…

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ems85

Same here, not expecting to get through to the next round at all! Was my first time applying for any of those posts

Yeah I did really well last year got an OOM of 5 for my county but didn’t get an offer and this year I don’t think I qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MyOpinion8652

I applied also, any idea when we might hear back about order of merit? Hard to know if I did well or not, not sure what the expected number is to complete of the tests etc... fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Got an email to say I am being called for interview, no order of merit given though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 A City rising

Hi

First time applying for role in public sector so apologies if questions are silly.

Does anyone know (ballpark) when Revenue will be filling these positions. Ive heard January but that could be wrong

Also does anyone know will Skype be the only interviews or is there normally face to interviews after.

Would be great to get a yes or no this side of Christmas as Im eager to move on from my current job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Everything is probably up in the air after the announcements around a return to workplaces today

Anyone get called for interview today? EDIT: sorry should’ve clarified I’m talking about the Revenue EO 2021 competition.

Post edited by newbraces on

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hpesoj

I just got called for interview at end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nightlight3

Best of luck with your interview. Any tips would be appreciated. I also have my interview this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Interview next week

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

They mostly stuck to the details on the form, so know your form inside out, have an extra example prepared in case they ask, I was asked a question that I could use this other example in. they asked a good few questions about audit situations, the interviewers were lovely, made me feel very at ease, hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Nightlight3

Very helpful, thanks. Can I ask what type of questions were you asked on Audit situations?

Advertisement