Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick leave and keeping job

• 23-08-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all, I have difficult situation where I have a job that I pretty much like, I have a permanent contract signed for last year and overall I am well trained and my employer is (I presume) happy since I never had a complaint filed against me and overall I have freedom doing my job as I always try to go beyond and above, at the end of the day all tasks are done and I am fixing more problems throughout the day than there are being created.

Unfortunately 3 months ago something happened to my health, I do not want to go into details, where all of the sudden I fell ill and since then I was off 3 weeks on Illness Benefit, recovered to some degree, then came back to work for 2 weeks again and I am off again as my health is not well again. I am not intending coming back until it's resolved. I think it might take 2 weeks to 2 months to fully recover, depending on few factors.

I have scans and tests ongoing to rule out few diseases, but it might take some time. My question here is, what protections do I have (or I don't) that keeps me keep my job? Can employer just replace me due to me not being able to work as of now? Is there any kind of "talk" before they inform me they are looking for new hire?

Comments

Advertisement