Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Dave is reporting Bronson Reed had his tryout for the main roster and Vince didn't see anything in him so he didn't see the point of sending him back down to NXT and keep paying a guy who won't make it on the main roster.

They need to beat the independent out of them was the saying when NXT first started now its beat the NXT out of them.

On The Ringer Wrestling Show, former WWE writer Freddie Prinze Jr. wouldn’t reveal everything he knows from friends backstage, but did indicate Bray Wyatt butted heads creatively with Vince McMahon & Kevin Dunn before his release because Wyatt “wasn’t playing ball.”

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A talent butting heads with Vince & Kevin Dunn?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No he wasn’t butting heads with vince and Kevin Dunn, bray came up with the character and because of that he would probably have strong opinions as to the direction of said character. He didn’t want to do the stupid crap they probably had planned for the fiend which as an evolution of his original cult leader gimmick wasn’t bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bray having different opinions on his character to whatever Vince & Kevin had planned. You have literally just described butting heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Dunn is some cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think its three or four ex wife’s he has which is a lot of money and seeing as how he wasn’t great with his money and as he said he living his gimmick wasn’t cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I think this thread needs to be renamed "the lucky ones"

• Advertisement

If you are not a needle mover according to Nick Khan you get released.

On why there have been so many releases in 2021:

“I don’t know that there’s one explanation for it. I think ultimately what’s looked at is: Is this person for us are they going to move the needle now or in the imminent future? So — by the way, we had a two-day tryout in Las Vegas, which ended yesterday, which Triple H, and Johnny Laurinaitis, and Bruce Prichard were all across — as were the rest of us. We’ve signed over a dozen new talent coming out of that tryout, and I’m not suggesting, ‘Oh, that’s why we cut the other talent,’ but we’re always looking for what’s next. We live in the present, we live in the future. We don’t live in past. So when people leave and they move on with their life and their careers, that’s good by us. For us, it’s what works for us and our product at that moment in time, and again, what’s going to work down the road. And largely, in-part, the existing roster is based on that.”

Nia, Mace, Tamina, T-Bar, Nattie, must be some needle movers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

“We live in the present, we live in the future. We don’t live in past”

Goldberg, Cena, Edge & Lesnar all say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

It's always good to see them but with the exception of Edge who's now able to end his career on his terms, Goldberg, Cena and Lesnar are taking the place of a superstar who's there every Smackdown, Raw and Nxt. I remember seeing Lesnar VS Dean Ambrose in a "hardcore" match. It was so watered down. The build up was making out it would be like hardcore matches from the good old days but it was a shell of those epic anything goes matches. It turned into Suplex City over and over again. Cena is the Make A Wish record breaker. Obviously WWE won't ever sever ties with him. Goldberg had a good enough run but to be honest I don't get the appeal with bringing him back time and time again. Correct me if I'm wrong in anything I've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know why I was reminded of her, but where would Mercedes Martinez end up? Though maybe at 40 she'll think she's done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

She had AEW connections very early on. I think she'd be invaluable to them purely as a veteran and to help their women's roster. In fact I remember hearing rumours one of the reasons WWE wanted her was for the performance centre.

Lots of reports today that Impact are going big to sign Bray.

Honestly it would be the best place for him. He would have free reign to do whatever he wants and then we can actually see if he's a "genius" or not.

Even though I'm not a fan of either, Strowman and Bray would be huge signings for Impact. Add Buddy Murphy as well and that's 3 big signings for them. I think the Iiconics would be great in Impact as well tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Strowman I think will cost too much. Add Bray in and it might be too far for the Impact budget to stretch.

I reckon Strowman will end up back in WWE, probably by the Rumble on a reduced contract tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I dig that new gimmick, whatever it is.

• Advertisement

Braun is now calling himself Titan and hinting at joining Impact.

Yeah the IInspiration new ring gear looks memorable.

The Empowerrr PPV has the tag title tournament but doubt they'll show up there.

€8.45 for a single cinematic match?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

If they were wrestling next door I wouldn't look over the fence.

90 Days are Over...... You Know What That Means!

Miro getting ready to lie down for her on Wednesday Nights.

WWE closed down its Japan operations and another 100 staff lost their jobs there.

The co host of the Bump is also gone.

Bronson Reed is a free agent from tomorrow in the States.

The WWE seem to have made a complete mess of contracts and no compete clauses not knowing when they forgetting to put 30/60/90 days or just putting in the wrong number of days.

I guess when you were the only real show in town you get blase about things like contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't think him being a free agent from tomorrow is a mistake tbh, in fact thought it would be sooner. If I remember correctly NXT contracts only have 30 Day non-compete clauses and he was released August 6th. The fact they never updated this for Malakai Black is why he was able to show up in AEW so quickly.

Advertisement