Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE announce Autmn/Winter 2021/2022

• 18-08-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭

New dramas include eight part seirs called Kin starring Clare Dunne, Aidan Gillen, Ciarán Hinds and Maria Doyle. I think it's based on the Hutch/Kinahan feud.

Sally Rooneys Conversation with Friends

Comedy-drama The Dry the heart-rending Three Families.

For Smother fans, there's the news that the "Celtic Noir' is back for a second season of dark secrets.

Saturday nights on RTÉ One will see Nicky Byrne hosting the new, karaoke-inspired game show Last Singer Standing with a prize of €25,000 and Nadine Coyle, Joey Fatone and Samantha Mumba as panellists.

Saturday night will also be the home of Angela Scanlon's Ask Me Anything, promising "plenty of surprises and revelations when Angela chats with guests who have agreed to be asked about absolutely anything

The Late Late Show returns as it looks forward to its 60th birthday celebrations in 2022.

Tommy Tiernan ushers in a new season of his talk show with a Christmas special.

Today with Maura and welcomes  Emer O'Neill Sinéad Kennedy is on maternity leave.

Also back are Room to ImproveFirst Dates Ireland, the Niall Breslin-hosted Soundtrack to My Life, Baz Ashmawy and the DIY SOS crew, Keys to My LifeIreland's Fittest Family and The Style Counsellors, plus a new twist on a favourite in Celebrity Pulling with My Parents.

Love Island star Maura Higgins is at the helm as Ireland's best amateur make-up artists battle it out in Glow Up Ireland. 

The 2 Johnnies are back for more; Sinéad Quinlan follows up her Seriously, Sinéad? success on the RTÉ Player, and Callan's Kicks.

documentary on the late RTÉ broadcaster Keelin Shanley entitled Keelin Shanley: Faraway, Still Close. The older generation's pandemic experiences will be explored in Cocooned, and the testimonies of those who worked in the notorious Magdalene Laundries will come to the screen in Ireland's Dirty Laundries.

Comments

Shoot me now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah it's the yearly Two Minutes Hate for RTÉs newest attempt to act like a Big Boy Channel. How time flies.

Some actual trailers of the dramas would be nice, as on paper they sound interesting enough I wouldn't immediately turn my nose up at 'em.

The chat show is detritus of the highest order, but what's new? A thin excuse to give the high wage-earners something to do, while doing the latest rounds of the canteen. I'd never embrace privatisation of the Arts, but there's clearly so much waste of RTÉ, it's a shame it'll never be important enough to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

I'd vomit, but I don't pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Knowing RTE they will put the Nicky Byrne show in Saturday night head to head with ITV's/VM1's offering of Ant & Dec or X Factor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm just beside myself with excitement, I suppose nicky Byrne will feel right at home with karaoke FFS!, talentless, excitable and irratating.

Has been and not very successful alledged pop star panel show, christ almighty talk about scraping the barrel.

Same old Shyte with a different name, mother of God, why do they even bother to announce their going to broadcast this utter crap.

I'll admit to be interested in the Keelin Shanley documentary but beyond that, Where's the remote.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Daithi left Maura?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Joey Fatone?? Wasn’t he in NSYNC?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'll give Kin a chance.

Never watched Smother, is it worth checking out before Series 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I have to say, it's great to see Littlefinger Baelish and Mance Rayder finally meeting face to face to settle their differences, in RTE's new Kin trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't think so.

I think she'll be just doing Wednesday- Friday.

Do RTE honestly think that younger people will watch the today show if they shoehorn in the girl from homeschool hub ? All that sort of thing does is annoy their existing audience like my granny who thinks Sinaid Kennedy is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If fairness she seemed better than Sinead Kennedy.

It a fairly boring season with nothing much happening

Drama - Almost all are non-RTÉ dramas, Screen Ireland and BBC some hand and part in them, if not all

Kin

Hidden Assets

Smother

Harry Wild

The Dry

Conversations with Friends

Three Families

Fair City

Entertainment - Angela Scanlon's chat show returns rather then coming up with something new in the mean time, Hell Week moves to RTÉ ONE

Last Singer Standing

The Late Late Show

Angela Scanlon's Ask Me Anything

The Tommy Tiernan Show

Glow Up Ireland

Hell Week - The Professionals

Irish Language - Irish obsessions with different things !

GAFA

Daytime - Returns yes they took a 3 month break, just like LIVE @ 3 back in the day, honestly don't understand this break, people get paid too much?

Today with Maura and Daithi

Factual Entertainment - yeah!

Soundtrack to my Life

DIY SOS

The Style Counsellors

Comedy

Another Comedy initiative! that they have yet to announce but are announcing here!

The 2 Johnnies

Callan Kicks  and The Years (Oliver Callan, Radio Show not sure if this is a Radio show)

Sinéad Quinlan on RTÉ Player with Seriously, Sinéad?

YPP

Storybud (Children's Story read by famous people)

X Mark The Sport Comedy Drama 

The Imagination Machine

Will Sliney's Storytellers 

Factual - Full launch on Sunday

Keelin Shanley: Faraway, Still Close

Cocooned

Ireland's Dirty Laundries

Arts and Culture - Full launch in September mainly radio.

RTÉ Concert Orchestra and David Bowie

Lyric FM Taking Flight (Patrick Kavanagh on Niall Corroll's Classic Daytime)

The Lyric Feature (Green White Enamel live of Ethna McCarthy)

The Lyric Concert with Paul Herriott and the RTÉ NSO FOR 2021 and 2022 starting on September 10th at 7pm

Docs on Brian Friel and Micheal O Suilleabhain and 100 years of Ulyseses 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Well if the girl from homeschool hub is muinteoir Cliona, I would tune in every week even if the show was her talking about carpet samples and different shades of magnolia paint 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

No chance of a few more Den episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thought I heard recently that the Den is indeed coming back. Can't remember exact date, perhaps September sometime?

That's great to hear about the Den, thanks. I'm not looking for a full comeback so I hope they don't overdo it either, but a short run of a few special episodes like last year would be brilliant.

From what I can see, Angela Scanlon will get a 10 - 12 week run in the Autumn, The Den will get similar and Tommy Tiernan I think will have a number of more episodes, including a Christmas Special.

Meaning The Ray D'Arcy Show is no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The bar shown in the 'Kin' preview looks familiar anyone know where it is ?

Looks like its in the Mayson Hotel in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's an advert for some RTE show on the moment that looks decent. Maybe an undercover cop type show? It doesn't say it's name on the ads.

There is an ad running about how important local drama is (because you know how RTÉ invest so much into local drama, nothing really if you didn't know) and it stars one of the guys from KIN.

The Ray Darcy Saturday night show was probably in the top 10 of worst things RTE ever made.... IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT AND WE'VE LIVE ON THE TELLY 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Hopefully they don't overdo The Den, but I'm glad it will return for a bit. Even 6 weeks would be great. I can't stand Ray D'Arcy in any other format so I'll be delighted if his borefest Sat night show is gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Very suprised not to see the annual cross country road trip of America by someone or a "being a mawm in 2021 Ireland" programme. Maybe things are looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It might be clips from 'Kin'

Have a feeling a lot of people will be expecting this to be a carbon copy of Love/Hate but think they will be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kin might be worth a watch and maybe Tommy Tiernan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kin's first episode will air on September the 12th and I believe there's 8 episodes.

Advertisement