Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post -Primary Timetable for 2021/22...when do you get yours?

• 19-08-2021 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Just curious...we are still awaiting ours. What's the position in your school?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭French Toast

Got mine 2 days ago in the post.

A cousin of mine works in a school where they had there timetables in June, which I thought was exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭noplacehere

No timetable here. Now that I think about it wasn’t there a circular at some stage about s&s saying we were supposed to get it in June 🤣.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

Got mine 2 days ago, it’s not too bad personally, which can’t be said for a lot of my colleagues.

My partner got theirs back at the end of May but I think their management and in particular their principal is exceptionally efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭williaint

We always get our provisional timetable at the end of May which I think is exceptional. It also gives us all time to complain and compare, I understand why management in other schools might leave it til the last minute so staff have less time to air their grievances! Having said that, it's great knowing in advance which subjects and groups you'll have!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LW2018

Always get ours in June…. Usually towards the end of June which is great really. Great management though to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I know which subjects and groups I will have, but no sign of a time table yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

We got ours today, which is about the usual timeframe, a week or so out from returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

No sign yet, we usually get it before starting back. I know in the past it has been available on leaving cert results day, but hasn’t been uploaded on vsware at that stage.

I’d like to know what years and groups I have at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Got ours in May.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

We got ours yesterday so not too bad, we are back this Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭French Toast

I find it interesting to see how many got theirs in May/June. Sign of management being very much on the ball.

I’d be interested to know where in the country they are too. Hiring and leaving and re-hiring goes on all summer in ours due to shortages and so allocations/hours change as it passes. To be honest ours is usually physically on paper on the first day we get back. Which I’m not a huge fan of as it’s late and it is in breach of the circular because SandS is supposed to be finished by then. Having said that we don’t follow the SandS circular either and have to email our preferences which may or may not be approved….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

I'd imagine having a timetable ready in Dublin city would be difficult, you always loose teachers late!

Yup got emailed by the principal this evening because a full contract maternity in music/sphe just fell through and we are now hiring for an immediate start. He was asking me to spread the word.

There’s just so much movement in temporary and short hour contracts it’s got to be a nightmare

Advertisement