Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chemical Storage Cabinet Requirements

• 17-08-2021 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I am looking to help an elderly farmer with chemical storage on their farm. I am wondering please if anyone has advice on a cabinet that one can purchase that would meet inspection standards? At the moment the chemical stock is stored in an ordinary wooden cabinet in their garage where there are food freezers etc. I have researching some available options on AgriDirect etc and the cabinets, while excellent, seem very expensive. My background is in chemistry, but I am not up to speed on agricultural standards.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

A lot of people are using old chest freezers. As long as it will contain a spill, is ventilated, and is lockable it should pass. The ventilation can be achieved by drilling a few holes in it near the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibaba

Ordinary wooden cabinet is fine , which is what I have. Have had a couple of bord bia inspections and no problem.

As previous poster says once it contains a spill and is lockable thats all they require. I just cut a plastic oil drum sideways and use one half in the bottom of the cabinet to contain spill.

Stick a sign on it also.

Maybe near food freezer might be a problem but you could possibly put it somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibaba

Guide to the regulations..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Picked up a small broken, ( compressor blown) chest freezer that was in the weee pile of banjaxed stuff in the local hardware. Take it away was the reply.

Simple and effective for the amount of herbicide I use.

Stick a clasp and a small lock on and its another box ticked.

Just keep an eye out. All these little things done just give a better impression in the event of an inspection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

• Advertisement
Advertisement