Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacing some sheets of corrugated Tin on an old roof

• 16-08-2021 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

well folks,

I’m replacing old sheets of corrugated tin on an old shed. On the left hand side you can see the new sheets I’ve put down but I’ve ran into trouble now here because the slots of the new sheets ( which are 42inches wide) won’t sit in correctly with the old sheets (which are 30 inches wide ). There is enough of an overlap but the slots won’t meet up. 

Bit worried now what to do! Any help from Roofers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭148multi

Take off two more of the old ones, the extra new ones will creep the corragation into line.

Not a roofer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭minerleague

if distance between corrugations is same on old and new this wont help. OP measure distance between 2 high points on old sheets and then same on new.

Were you working off other old sheets to the left on your picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I thought corrigations were standard though ??

we replaced some sheets last summer on a shed from mid 70’s and the new sheets matched perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

How many sheets is it to the end? Can you lift one of the old sheets and see if the profile allows it to overlap properly with your replacement sheets.

If so, then I suggest if it wasn't many you could lift and re-lay the old sheets, then the overlap issue should be resolved - providing you are going square and the shed also is square. At the gable end you can then deal with it depending on how you want it to look - either leave an overhang, bend the excess down or cut & galv spray and then a side piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I'm repairing clearlights here and they're working perfect too, they're wider sheets but the corrugations are coming in perfect

• Advertisement
Advertisement