Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assembly of e-bike - can I do it?

• 14-08-2021 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I've been given a present of a Raleigh EVO ebike

It has been given to me boxed. How difficult is this going to be to assemble? Do I need to buy any specific tools to do this? (Please assume I have zero knowledge of assembling a bike)

Also, on an additional note. What sort of lock should I consider getting for this? I am based in Athlone at the moment but moving to Carrick-on-Shannon in the next few weeks once a house sale completes. I'm not going to be leaving the bike unattended for hours but want it to be safe if I pop into a shop for 20mins.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect it will be a case of attaching the pedals and handlebars and the like, which likely will need a spanner for the pedals and probably an allen bolt for the rest.

the most complicated part would be (if you have to attach the pedals) is that one of them switches the 'lefty loosy, righty tighty' way of screwing things in.

best buy a decent D-lock; you should be able to get them in any bike shop, or halfords; possibly even in a woodies or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

Thanks for that help. I opened the box and it was actually fully assembled. I just had to unfold it.

Advertisement