Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Junior Rugby (Social Rugby) 2021/2022

Options
  • 15-08-2021 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

Hopefully we will be back to normal with leagues, cups played this season

In Leinster divisions 1-3 ie j1 have fixtures up and hopefully the more social divisions will be ready soon.

J2 and j3(where it exists...) is back in rest of country with connacht having some j2 clubs play 10 a side for now.

Anyone thinking of going back playing after not having played in some time and any others who were playing definitely coming back playing?

I havent played in about 8/9 years and not seriously in nearly 10 years and am tempted to come back at some level this season...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Will defo stick at it. We, Terenure have 5 Adult sides, maybe 4.5 .. few lads up in the air.

Lots of Covid babies knocking about, meaning less lads free

Won the Smyth Cup yesterday, beating Tallaght, Clontarf and our good mates in Mary's

Hopefully more teams fielding more sides, walking into an AIL sides J2s when youre playing J4 isn't much fun and one or two sides stronger at Say Metro 6 than they are at Meteo 4. But sure thats the fun of it I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

A few clubs are gonna struggle this season I reckon with numbers. Fellas might not be arsed coming back and a huge chunk of guys moved home and wont be back soon/ at all which is going to affect Dublin clubs especially.

Personally I cannot wait to get back. Raring to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

I would have thought opposite. lot more having not been able to play in so long might get some more to play not the other way round but maybe thats me trying to be positive....

if there was a slight drain from dublin clubs and we had more players back in provincial clubs in terms of more senior players it wouldnt be the worst thing though....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

If anyone in south Dublin is looking to get back into rugby and wants to play at a sociable level feel free to DM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

Just to put us in there: if anyone is looking to play rugby in the Terenure / South Dublin / basically anywhere in Dublin, please consider Parkmore RFC.

We are a one-team organization, competing in Metro Division 8. We welcome all-comers: whether you are a newbie who has never picked up a ball before and want to learn, or are an ex-Ireland player returning from a lucrative contract in Australia and want to show off; everyone is welcome.

We play in Terenure, training a couple of nights a week.

Pros:

No club politics, good atmosphere, social outings, guided gym sessions, guaranteed game time if desired.

Cons:

Absolutely none.

DM me if interested, or contact us on one of our many social media channels.

• Advertisement

So divisions 1 to 7 now with fixtures...

Games back friday/saturday week for divisions 4-7

So many back playing/played games yet?

Metro 1

Wesley 2s, Old Belvedere 2s, UCD 2s, Terenure 2s, Marys 2s, Trinity 2s, Lansdowne 2s, Clontarf 2s

Metro 2

Naas 2s, Wesley 3s, Greystones 2s, Wanderers 2s, Blackrock 2s, Lansdowne 3s, Barnhall 2s

Metro 3

Skerries 2s, Enniscorthy 2s, Marys 3s, Terenure 3s, Navan 2s, Tullamore 2s, Malahide 2s, Clontarf 3s

Metro 4

Wesley 4s, Stillorgan Rathfarnham 1s, UCD 3s, Naas 3s, Rathdrum 1s, Old Belvedere 3s, Greystones 3s

Metro 5

CYM 1s, Marys 4s, Barnhall 3s, Lansdowne 4s, Terenure 4s, Coolmine 3s, Wanderers 3s

Metro 6

Wesley 5s, Terenure 5s, Seapoint 3s, Trinity 3s, , Barnhall 4s, Guinness-CYM 2s, Clontarf 4s, Clondalkin 2s

Metro 7

UCD 4s, Stillorgan Rathfarnham 2s, Swords 1s, Old Belvedere 4s, Navan 3s, Emerald Warriors 1s, Blackrock 3s, BGF Ravens 1s

Metro 8

Greystones 4s, Bective 3s, Terenure 6s, Garda Westmanstown 2s, Railway Union 2s, Edenderry 2s, DLSP 2s

Metro 9

Marys 5s, Tallaght 2s, Dublin Dogos-AIB 2s, Newbridge 3s, Clondalkin 3s, Clontarf 5s, Malahide 3s, Trinity 4s

Metro 10

Midland Warriors 2s, Portarlington 1s, Stillorgan Rathfarnham 3s, Barnhall 5s, Monkstown 3s, Parkmore 1s, Emerald Warriors 2s, Coolmine 3s

We won the Winters Cup yesterday in Barnhall. 19-17

Really good game, two good sides, wasn't actually picked for the final squad but celebrated just as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cgq300

Congrats Chico Flores nice start to the season

Beat Wanderers 35-7 away tonight in our first game in Metro 5

Was on bench but came on after like 10. Great to have Friday Night Lights back

• Advertisement

One of the best competitions of the season starting this weekend in the All Ireland Junior Cup. dominated by Leinster clubs. competition started in 2005/2006 season and been won by Leinster sides in all bar 4 seasons. holders are Kilfeacle who beat Dromore in the final in 2020. Quite a few sides whove won cups have used the cup as springboard to get up to AIL though Ashbourne who won 3 in a row 17-19 are competing. Seapoint are another former winner. they won in one of the earlier years went up senior and are back down junior a few years.

Tuam v Newcastle West, Garraun Park, 2:30pm

Creggs v Kilfeacle & District, The Green, 2:30pm 

Thomond v Connemara, Liam Fitzgerald Park, 2:30pm

Mallow v Westport, Keatleysclose, 2:30pm

Ballyclare v Gorey, The Cloughan, 2:30pm

Dromore v Suttonians, Barban Hill, 2:30pm

Ashbourne v Clogher Valley, Milltown, 2:30pm

Seapoint v Enniskillen, Kilbogget Park, 2:30pm

Everyone finished for christmas i guess. How is season going?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭blackwhite

All adult games in Leinster branch competitions off this weekend, with further decision being made today for how long games will be suspended for.

Probably sensible given the case numbers etc, but hopefully will have some clarity shortly on what plan for how season will resume.

Same in Connacht bar 3 exceptions - a senior, a junior and a womens game.

Does make sense and as you say should have some clarity about what to expect for 4 or so months left in the season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I reckon we're looking at a few weeks of a circuit breaker alright.

Id say a heap of teams were going to have to concede due to missing people with isolating

It was inevitable that this weekend would be postponed and next week too Id say, think we would have to concede 3 games with over 25 lads either with it or close contacts, and this just in our J3/4 whats app group

Only few rounds of metro leagues to go. cup draws will be soon enough i guess. Leinster have made the j1 metro and towns cup draws so cant be too long before the others

In social/junior rugby in Connacht no j2 cup draw made yet or ard na cregg

South Munster J2/3 leagues going ok and cups will be starting soon enough as well

Advertisement