Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula E - Gen.2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

I have come around to the track design, in today's sun it looked good and the space was really nice when you consider some of the tight affairs we have had this season. I think the 6 races in a row last season just tired me of the circuit. Di Grassi is some man on that circuit. Speaking of mister consistency, nobody really stands out. Maybe Frijns for having a chance of winning the championship without winning a race. Or Dennis has looked fairly consistent and actually seems to have some speed this weekend, the only guy from the first group of qualifying to get into superpole yesterday I think. Imagine he won it on BMWs last race (or Di Grassi for Audi).

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

The Fact that Toyota have resisted electric in their road cars probably has a lot to do with it. The self-charging hybrid style of F1 is probably better suited (but too expensive). When Formula H (Hydrogen) starts then I expect Toyota to be the first team to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes you would think so but maybe they are worried about if they did not do well the effect it could have on there reputation or maybe they just never noticed it yet or the cars are too slow for them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Seems the series failed to transfer from a heavily regulated series promoting e Mobility to a more open and more expensive one.

Opening up the regs, would throw all the independent entries under the bus. Keep it close, make the manufacturer unhappy.

Also the struggle to bring it to the key markets. Often enough it was locked away behind paywalls.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I am hoping Mitch Evans wins this. Would be delighted for him.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Wow, that's not a good start to a race.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Ms

We there goes that anyway. Hope there both OK. Big crash that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Red flag now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Here is hoping that Jake Dennis wins this so. Really don't want Mercedes as the top team here and in F1.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Alright I hope Nick de Vries wins this lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Jaysis, Nick doesn't really have to finish this race to win the championship! The other contenders are too far back in the race and points to make any difference.

Just waiting for Werhlein to get too aggressive and shake up the race.

Ms

21 laps to go.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Great pass by JEV.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Nope not now. Only Mitch Evans and Jake Dennis were a threat to him and they are both out now one because of his car failing and been crashed into and jake because he locked up and crashed into the wall fecking idiot. I think I cursed them both lol.

Actually Felix De Costa could have won it if De Vries finished out of the points but he is now out too and by the looks of it it was De Grassi fault he put De Costa into the wall idiot.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So, when is noted Brazil's Top Arsonist fanboy Lucas di Grassi getting a 5-second penalty?

Ms

That was some race that. I thought yesterday's was crazy and could not be beaten but today's was even more so.

Well that is Mercedes happy anyway with both the drivers and Constructors championship in Formula-e. I just hope they do not start to dominate here like they have done in Formula 1 or it will be the end of Formule-e.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It's hard to know if this Motorsport will keep going. It still seems too gimmicky. If we look at the support race ideas, the Roborace idea feel flat, while Jaguar didn't seem keen to keep running the ePace series. You really need other manufacturers in there with electric road cars.

I'd be of the opinion that next year will determine whether Formula E will live on. They need to step up to bigger tracks and have more power, and start going to proper race tyres and pit stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I kept a loose eye on Formula E this year. There were some thrilling races (see Monaco) and some downright nonsensical ones (see Valencia wet race).

The qualifying format felt unduly confusing and I'm reading it was more of a lottery than anything else, and some suggests it devalues De Vries' world championship title.

• Advertisement

After fifteen races, I do not see any one driver who was consistent all season. If you look at who finished near the top of the table, their race results are underwhelming bar the odd win. Why? Maybe it is a bit of a lottery how qualifying works and then it being difficult to overtake during races relying on others to throw away their race with a crazy move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

De Vries won the championship with four retirements. Looking at the table, his double 2nd place weekend in London really helped his championship drive.

Robin Frijns, without a single retirement, finished 4th whist 2nd & 3rd had 3 and 4 retirements respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mercedes-Benz confirming their pull out of Formula E.

One down, one to go.

Ms

Actually two to go. Both Audi and BMW are pulling out too.

So the question then becomes who is going to come in and replace them? Will it be a manufacturer or a private team?

Will be interesting to see.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I meant Mercedes-Benz out of one championship, now to find a way to force them out of Formula 1.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Regarding pitstops for tyre changing. That goes against their sustainability message if the tyres can't last a race distance.

Valencia and that Mexican mini Indy just went to prove that these cars don't race well on tracks designed with I.C.E. vehicles in mind.

New season just around the corner.

Maserati coming in next year.

Ms

Oh wow. I did not see that coming.

When is the first race?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Double header in Saudi on the 28th and 29th of January.

Official season preview video.

Advertisement