Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

China announced scores of new carbon-intensive coal and steel projects...

• 15-08-2021 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Had to laugh when i read this in the IT..."China announced scores of new carbon-intensive coal and steel projects in the first half of 2021 with 18 new coal fired blast furnaces to be built"

Now, the usual response to this from the Greens is to pull the moral card of "Well, doesn't matter what others do, it's what you do in your own life"...which sounds appealing, but i would argue, is complete nonsense. In fact it shows what climate change really is for the Green types - it's a new religion, with all the moralising and virtue-signalling one would expect from a religion.

Climate change is either a practical problem requiring practical solutions, or it's not. Which is it? Because if it's a practical problem then moralising and virtue signalling are not going to cut it. If China is indeed doing as just mentioned, then we should immediately halt all climate initiatives in Ireland, including and especially the carbon tax. What is the point in hurting ordinary people for no practical gain? Reminds me of fasting for Lent. Hurting yourself for great moral, reglious and virtue-signally effects but no practical gain wahtsoever.

Comments

Advertisement