Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Bad Batch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1.9: Alright. So
    it has all the feel of this being some kind of in-fight between the Kaminoans who are in-turn being squeezed by the empire for the price of the clones they supply. I'm guessing the Kaminoans just want to make more clones using Omega as a basis then.

There's gotta be
    a Boba appearance coming.. so many links to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Slydice wrote: »
    1.9: Alright. So
    it has all the feel of this being some kind of in-fight between the Kaminoans who are in-turn being squeezed by the empire for the price of the clones they supply. I'm guessing the Kaminoans just want to make more clones using Omega as a basis then.

There's gotta be
    a Boba appearance coming.. so many links to him.
    Not in-fighting on Kamino or anything political. I think it is just that Nals Se actually cares about Omega.

I’m curious about the purpose of creating a female clone. Was it just an early experiment to see if they could.

Will be fun to see Boba’s reaction to having a sister. I don’t know if Clone Wars ever showed us his feelings about Clones. Filoni released voice recordings and early storyboards for a scene intended for Clone Wars of a showdown between Boba and Bane. I think we might get to see that on this show.

I wonder if Omega will turn up in the Fett series? We know Filoni will have her survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wonder how much Fennec knows about her bounty. Will she tell Boba in their series, if he doesn't show up in this

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wonder how much Fennec knows about her bounty. Will she tell Boba in their series, if he doesn't show up in this
    They may cross paths in Bad Batch which could lead to why he saves her on Tatooine.

Since she is being to protect when the need arises could lead to a friendship with Omega and the Batch and this would also factor into it.

1.10: That was fun.
    Bit of action in the mission and then the character development for Omega. Guessing Hunter will do some sort of combo of battle strategy training but also seeking opinions from Omega for strats as time goes by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the debt cleared they can move on whenever they want now.

No idea how that game worked.

Slydice wrote: »
    1.10: That was fun.
    Bit of action in the mission and then the character development for Omega. Guessing Hunter will do some sort of combo of battle strategy training but also seeking opinions from Omega for strats as time goes by.
    Once Hunter said she was staying behind I fully expected it to be Omega having an adventure on Ord Mantell with a few minutes devoted to the Squad - because that is what would look d happen in Rebels if Ezra had been left out of a mission.

Happy I am wrong and that this show is proving to be about the whole group and not The Omega Show.

I have to stop watching it so late though. I have get halfway into the episode and I start to get really trie.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    With the debt cleared they can move on whenever they want now.

No idea how that game worked.
    My guess is that they will stay with Cid for a long time. She is someone they need need in the world of mercy and bounty hunters and is starting to show she can be trusted with Omega’s safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Just caught up on the last three episodes and thought they were pretty good.

It was cool to see
    Cad Bane
    return.

I think he was originally
    meant to be killed off in a fight against Boba but based on the metal plate and scratches on his face he might have survived it. Maybe that's something they'll show on the book of Boba ?

Last episode was alright, thought it was weird that
    the group didn't reconsider their anti-separatist stance now that the republic has turned into the empire and the senator was anti empire as well

Seeing the at-te being used to suppress the protests was cool though.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Just caught up on the last three episodes and thought they were pretty good.

It was cool to see
    Cad Bane
    return.

I think he was originally
    meant to be killed off in a fight against Boba but based on the metal plate and scratches on his face he might have survived it. Maybe that's something they'll show on the book of Boba ?

Last episode was alright, thought it was weird that
    the group didn't reconsider their anti-separatist stance now that the republic has turned into the empire and the senator was anti empire as well

Seeing the at-te being used to suppress the protests was cool though.
    The fight between Bane and Boba was meant to occur The Clone Wars and I thought they might have that happen in Bad Batch instead it you make a good point about Bane looks different. So maybe that altercation did happen.

Most of the Batch were okay with taking the job. Echo was the one most hostile about Separatists and he did change his option of that senator at the end.

The whole opening sequence was cool with the citizen’s getting riled up and the clones pushing them around.

1.11: Well.. that got me excited!

Hera and Chopper!

:-)

1.12: and that really paid off! The show feels soo bordery on

Rebels and Rogue One

origins now.

• Advertisement

1.13: Wrecker is .. once again.. the best! 🙂

I get the feeling this episode was to:

setup Durand to be either an Ally or source of Jobs into the future.

Real Pitch Black feel to those creature in this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Episode 14

Liked the clone commandos actually putting up a decent fight, this is the first appearance of commandos I think since Disney bought them. There were in Clone wars but before that only.

1.14: Dayum! That was a good episode! Real proto

Empire starting to emerge

Really liked Wreckers

lines.. I'm Preparing nods I'm charging up 😁

Then at the end..

I was like.. Nooo Hunter, Nooo Gonk... Uh oh..

Crosshair.. really does feel dangerous at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

The aerial dogfight was a real highlight in that episode.

1.15: Jeez.. that felt a bit wierd seeing

Kamino go like that.. like a bit of a bummer. Like a little nostalgia. Wierd wasn't expecting that.

Separately, I'm guessing they've survived the bombardment ok though and the next episode will be focused on getting out of there.

1.16: Good season finale.

I totally thought

azi was a goner

Liked the moment

where Omega said it to crosshair about being a brother... that episode really brought out the "she's older than them" feel to me.. I hadn't got that before

Then at the end.. that

ominous moment and sound effect.. guessing (if I haven't already) that this is the Snoke/Sidious clone program.. unless they've got even more clone plans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was expecting a lead up to them Retconning Luke Skywalker to be a clone or something at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I started to watch this last night. I must say it was very good much better than I expected but I was quiet surprised too as I expected the episode to be 30 mins long tops and when I seen it was over an hour long I was like OK thats a long cartoon. I honestly thought at the beginning I would not watch it all but I did. I see the next episode is 30mins. Is that the same with all the rest of them?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yeah, pretty much. The rest probably average at about 25 minutes each. The 6th episode is 21 minutes long.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

recently subscribed to Disney+ so i can watch Star Wars to my hearts content. Do I need to watch The Clone Wars before I start The Bad Batch?

• Advertisement

The Bad Batch made their first appearance in the final season of the Clone Wars, and a member of the Bad Batch was featured in earlier seasons. While you'd be missing out on some background on them, it's not a huge amount, but I would suggest watching the Clone Wars anyway as the majority of it is very good.

Here's a good guide, in chronological order of events, of recommended arcs to watch if you don't want to watch the entire series: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCloneWars/wiki/recommended

Trying to understand my feeling on this..

like.. it feels like you could get away with not watching clone wars before bad batch

but.. it also feels like you'd be missing out a bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

More Clone commandos, some CIS droids still around, a pair of Wookies including order 66 surviving padawan Gungi.

A lot going on there but feels right. Feels like Omega is a bit in disguise with the headware.

2.1: Now that's an opening to a season! 🙂 Kinda reminded me of Firefly having a heist as it's first aired episode.

Animation quality felt really well done. Especially towards the end of the episode.

Those firefights inside the ship. Some of the surroundings looked borderline close to what I remember from some live action scenes.

Damn though.. Dooku's city. Absolutely obliterated.

2.2: Now that is the escalation of a baddie!

Well believable that he wouldn't want his failure to get to Tarkin. Guessing he'll really be gunning for the clones. Kinda shockin but not shocking to see him take out the clone officer like that. Maybe the shockin coming from seeing the dishonourable way the clone was killed after the way the clone showed his commitment to the empire on the bigger scale.

As for the Bad Batch, Wrecker remains .. IN FACT .. the Best! 😁 Boom!

I make a pretty good tank! 😂

2.3: Yikes! 😬

Now that! was a _heavy_ episode!

Talk about exploring the darker sides of the empire.

The clankers really lookin rusted. The clones lookin dated.

The grimdark scenery. Just wow.

Guessing..

Cody might turn up again as a merc, maybe work with the bad batch.

Crosshair.. yikes.. I dunno what's gonna be his fate.

2.4: Tech! What kind of a name is that! 😁

That was a fun episode. A bit of lightness after the heavy from the last one.

Not sure but ultimately felt like there was supposed to be a message/flag/heads-up about Cid for the future

Anyway..

Anakin - Now THIS is podracing!

I wonder is it based on some game already out or if Disney has a new game coming.

The racing here and announcing felt like it could probably make a decent game to pass some time with.

2.5: A bit of an Indiana Jones episode!

I wonder if..

they'll end up coming back for the blastey weapon part of the thing later on. Maybe for some fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Niska

Must say, really impressed wit the music this season . Especially liked the Indy homage in the last episode, and the heavy somber of the Clone Alone episode.

Advertisement