Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finn Harps Cash League (and other worthy fundraising leagues)

• 20-08-2020 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Back for the annual plug for this. For those not familiar I used to be a regular round here, and have been running this fundraising league for many years, it's now in its 8th season overall.

50% of entries go to the prize pot and with the volume of entries that still left a €3,180 prize fund last year with the winner taking home €1,100.

See here for entry details....https://www.finnharps.ie/post/fpl

Any queries drop me a PM.

There are other good fundraising league for LOI and other clubs, as well as charities if anyone else wants to post them here.

Cue BohsFPL post in three, two.....one....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I’ll probably enter again this year.

Don’t think they are running the Bohs one this year going by the season wrap email they sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I’ll probably enter again this year.

Don’t think they are running the Bohs one this year going by the season wrap email they sent.

I believe there may be a new admin taking up the torch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

FHFC wrote: »
    I believe there may be a new admin taking up the torch. :)

Never would have made a relay team....it has taken me 9 years to pass the baton!

Almost 50 signed up for this already.

The most prestigious FPL title in Ireland lads!! ;)

Get in there.

Never would have made a relay team....it has taken me 9 years to pass the baton!

Bohs league this season now not looking good unfortunately.:(

It's Finn Harps and JD for moi.

• Advertisement

Bohs league this season now not looking good unfortunately.:(

It's Finn Harps and JD for moi.

Yous dont need the money any more, might as well have a year off! And send all your entrants to us! :D

Not a bit jealous........extremely jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Conn Rangers is my local soccer club in Mayo. They do a smaller scale version of these.

Smaller scale = greater chance of winning!

Anyone that wants to join just DM me and I can take care of entry. If anyone does win any of the monthly prizes that don’t suit due to location I’ll sort out something re a cash equivalent

https://twitter.com/connrangersfc/status/1300863078930710528?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hey Folks,

I have set up a league for my local branch Down Syndrome Limerick which are close to me and my families heart.

Its our first year running so hopefully when can get a decent amount of entries.

Entries are through the Idonate website for 10 euro and we are in the process of sourcing what we hope will be very interesting prizes.

Would really appreciate if any of you guys could spare a tenner for a great charity and win a prize at the end.

League code is available on the page also

https://www.idonate.ie/DSLfplshootout

Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Donated there Kilburn, cheers.

kilburn wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

I have set up a league for my local branch Down Syndrome Limerick which are close to me and my families heart.

Its our first year running so hopefully when can get a decent amount of entries.

Entries are through the Idonate website for 10 euro and we are in the process of sourcing what we hope will be very interesting prizes.

Would really appreciate if any of you guys could spare a tenner for a great charity and win a prize at the end.

Thanks folks

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Hey Folks,

Thanks folks

Joined 👍🏻

Harps league at around 210 entries with 2 days to go. Set for another new record prize fund.

The standard is high, no doubt, but the pot is gonna be big!

www.finnharps.ie/product/fpl2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Hey Folks,

Thanks folks

In.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Link didn't work, so manually joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Hey Folks,

Thanks folks

In

Hey Folks,

Thanks folks

In

Thanks folks appreciate the support

Great little forum we have going here

Past 300 and rising.

Final plug if you've a league spot available and want to support a fan owned irish football team.

FHFC wrote: »
    Past 300 and rising.

Final plug if you've a league spot available and want to support a fan owned irish football team.

Great stuff.God I'm missing this Friday buzz!!;)

Great stuff.God I'm missing this Friday buzz!!;)

Past last years total of 318 and rising. Still time to enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Hey Folks,

Thanks folks

Donated and joined!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Hey Folks,

Thanks folks
    Joined good luck

Congratulations to Scorpion Sting who won the inaugural Down Syndrome Limerick fantasy football fundraiser league.

The prize has been sent out.

Down Syndrome Limerick would like to thank everyone who entered the league and supported us this year.

League will return in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just a query regarding the fundraising cash leagues, is there a cutoff regarding cash prize or any legal catchments with running one of these? Exploring it as a fundraising option. Could you run into trouble if the cash prize becomes large say? Thanks in advance.

From the perspective of the DSL league people were invited to join a league and make a €10 donation through idonate website.

Ultimately it's a fundraiser for charity and the donations go to the charity and not a prize fund.

Each organisation would then decide on an appropriate prize.

We raised 220 euro I think in total and were donated the prize which was a €100 euro egift card for any store decided by the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

From the perspective of the DSL league people were invited to join a league and make a €10 donation through idonate website.

Ultimately it's a fundraiser for charity and the donations go to the charity and not a prize fund.

Each organisation would then decide on an appropriate prize.

We raised 220 euro I think in total and were donated the prize which was a €100 euro egift card for any store decided by the winner.

Thanks! We could run one on a big level so just want to check.

So for anyone who is still here after they wrecked the site.....we're back!

Full launch tomorrow but Harps fundraising cash league returns. €3180 prize fund last year with €1,150 to winner.

Details and entry at www.finnharps.ie/FPL

Spread the word in your socials and WhatsApp groups and Ollie Horgan will give you a hug.

Wee reminder. Past 250 entries way earlier than usual. Prize fund set to be well in excess of €3k and probably close to €4k.

For anyone not familiar this is a fundraising league, running for its 9th season. €20 entry. 50% to prize fund.

Has a sizeable entry from the club fanbase which keeps the prize fund very healthy.

Details at www.finnharps.ie/FPL

• Advertisement

Hi Folks, some research questions if you dont mind

I am going to set up the 10 Euro Down Syndrome Limerick fundraising league again this year but just wanted to get some feedback on some ideas we have.

Shoutout again to our very Scorpion Sting was last years winner.

Prize fund is not massive and as its a charity gig we are giving a bit of flexibility around what we would normally do with hard deadlines.

Option 1 is to just set the league up and accept entrants until 1 September

Option 2 is to start league after international break with points only counted from GW4

Finally for both of above do people prefer a H2H or classic league.

Advertisement