Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP thread for people involved in film

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Richard Donner Dies: ‘Superman’, ‘Lethal Weapon’ And ‘The Goonies’ Director Was 91

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Richard Donner Dies: ‘Superman’, ‘Lethal Weapon’ And ‘The Goonies’ Director Was 91

That’s sad news, he was hoping to film a new Lethal Weapon movie not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Good age though. Also directed a couple of personal faves; Ladyhawke, and The Omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Maverick my go to happy film when I was younger absolute pisstake of a film Mel Gibson was great.

RIP Richard Donner

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maverick my go to happy film when I was younger absolute pisstake of a film Mel Gibson was great.

RIP Richard Donner

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭techdiver

I thought he would have been classed as more than "less famous"?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058198420/1/#post117598662

To be a fantastic director and story teller. He helmed so many iconic movies. One of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A legendary director, blessed with a good long life. RIP.

Spanish actress Pilar Bardem, the mother of Javier Bardem, has died at 82

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

John Cornell has died at the age of 80.

He wrote the Crocodile Dundee movies and was Paul Hogan's Manager.

He played the character of Strop in 'The Paul Hogan Show'.

He was a personal hero to me when I found out that he married his co-star Delvene Delaney.

The three of them are pictured here together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Dieter Brummer who played Shane in Home and Away back in the mid nineties has died aged 45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I posted about Markie Post, who died a couple of days ago, in the TV forum, since that's where she was best known for shows such as The Fall Guy, Night Court, and Scrubs. She is in one of the most famous scenes in comedy movie history, though: as Cameron Diaz's mom in There's Something About Mary, she tries to assist Ben Stiller after his "frank & beans" mishap. "Now... what exactly are we looking at here?" 😳

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

When I saw this I knew I had read about Night Court recently and sure enough I saw that another of the stars of Night Court died a month ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Robinson_(actor)

Pat Hitchcock has died aged 93. She has a number of other acting credits, but is probably best known for her appearances in her father's Strangers on a Train and Psycho, as well as ten episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Una Stubbs has died aged 84

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know she always had a long and distinguished career, but to me she'll always be Aunt Sally first, and the scatterbrained teacher Miss Bat in The Worst Witch second. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

I have such memories of hatred for Aunt Sally. Giving Worzel the run around.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

She was brilliant as a meany! My heart was broken for poor, kind Worzel. His robin's nest heart was in the right place, unlike Aunt Sally, who was entirely made of wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Worzel should have done a runner to London with Dolly Clothes Peg.

Shin'ichi "Sonny" Chiba has died: veteran Japanese actor most famous for action movies such as the Street Fighter series.

Quentin Tarantino was a fan and cast him as swordsmith Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill Vol. 1.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The Streetfighter movies are some of the best examples of kung fu from the era and featured in the Tarantino scripted True Romance when Clarence and Alabama go to the cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RIP Sonny

Iron Eagle 3

Another famous fan got to meet Sonny:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only knew him from Kill Bill, but what a damn performance. The speech he gives when giving The Bride the sword, lamenting his role in the death of so many while at the same time talking about how the sword is his finest work, and if she met God with it, God would be cut... Simply outstanding.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭MfMan

Veteran actress Jane Withers. Former child star of the 30s and occasional appearances in the years since, including Giant.

Marylin Eastman who played Helen Cooper in Night of the Living Dead has died aged 87.

Ed Asner has died

RIP

• Ah that's honestly saddening

Ah nooo...

Ed Asher was 91, worked in movies and TV for nearly 65 years, and seemed like he would go on forever. He was the voice of Carl in Pixar’s UP, of course, had major roles in movies such as Fort Apache The Bronx and Elf, though he was best known for TV work. His IMDB filmography is possibly the longest I have seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Seemed to be about 80 for 40 years....

Advertisement