Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bettinsoli Shotguns.

Options
  • 12-08-2021 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Following on from the new or second hand tread. Has anyone any real world experience with Bettinsoli shotguns. (Made in Italy I believe)

I understand the reasons for buying secondhand Berretta, Browning, etc.but would like to know about Bettinsoli. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I love Bettinsoli and have one currently. Diamond Sporter Deluxe with 30" barrels.

They are one of the only other shotguns, other than Beretta, that fit me each and every time. The picture sight is slightly different to the Beretta but a minor adjustment and its second nature. They are well made, look fantastic, and have grown in popularity and value over the last 7 to 10 years.

New prices vary between 1,200 to 1,450 depending on model with a good quality second hand model fetching 750 to 900. I'd rank them right up there with the best of them.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭neolithic

Thanks Cass, exactly the information I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Exactly the same as Cass.

Lovely gun and fits me very well.

I picked one up second hand about 3 years ago ( previous owner had fired about 100 shots,it was new effectively) for €600

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Bettinsoli Tarcisio here.

As a O/U shotgun goes it has been excellent.

Bought new 13 years ago and no light strikes, problems ejecting, etc.

Similarly the metal is very good, no rust, pitting, or really any visible wear at all. Always kept it well cleaned mind you, but still 13 years will wear most anything.

Shot a lot of clays with it in years past, very capable of a few hours blasting and not too heavy to take out to the field for pests either.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Croohur1

My wife has a Bettinsoli X-Grade in 20g. She loves it, has nice wood and has never had an issue with it. She is talking about switching to a 12g and at this stage she is probably just going to get the same gun in 12g rather than go with another make and model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

I've a Bettinsoli Diamond Sporter Deluxe with 28" barrels

I bought it second-hand (practically new) to use for shooting clays.

Lovely gun - well made - never a bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭neolithic

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brieny1000

I have had 3 over the years. currently have the superfield which fits me like a glove. I have bought 5 shotguns to replace it and the superfield always keeps its place in the safe. I have it now over 20 years and it has shot pheasant,duck,woodcock, in a hide on pigeon, made it to the all irelands clay shoot. im just hoping it will handle the upcoming steel shot as I dont know how I could replace it. they all have great timber for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I had a Bettinsoli supersport from 2006-2018. Great gun and well built.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

These Bettinsolis appear to be one of the best kept or secrets in U/Os. I nearly bought one years back,I opted for a marque maker simply cos I was a bit of a snob and ignorant/weary of a new maker. Bettensoli guns really seem to be wearing very well, they look as smart as ever and shoot well too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They've been on the market, that I know of so it could be longer, for 20+ years. One of my first shotguns before I moved to Beretta.

They are owned by Beretta so have some pedigree behind them.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement