Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a metal post to brace the boundary wall.. neighbour took down wall in side entrance.

Options
  • 10-08-2021 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello peeps..

I am having a nightmare with the new neighbours... I am here 17yrs an they jus moved in few months ago.. he has my head wrecked trying to move the land boundaries. He wants some of my back garden for some land at the front.. I said no forget it.

He first asked me could he take down a little bit of the wall at the side he wanted to bring his gate diaganlly into the lane... I think he wants to extend the hs backwards an wants to move his side entrance out of the way. He must think I am an idiot or maybe he doesn't realize that when someone buy's a hs they are always looking at front an back to see what is best way to do extensions etc...

How an ever I ended up telling him no leave it change nothing.. an he went an cut down the wall while I was asleeep.. I went out an blew a fuse an he told me he was going to build it back up an reassured me not to worry etc.. I knew this was a lie from the moment the wards came out of his mouth.. he keeps telling me we have an agreement but tbh we have not agreed on anything but sure how could u agree with someone that keeps saying 1 thing an then doing something completely different actually I am finding it kind of impossible to come to a mutual agreement...

I did eventual put my foot down on not moving the boundary wall between the back gardens.. he is not happy with where it is but.. it is what it is.. an so I told him if he wants to hang a gate off it we should install a metal post that is cemented into the ground which would brace the wall an be a permanant fixture.. also ensuring that the wall never moves or gets moved after it gets pulled down by whatever gate he hangs off it.. He assured me this was a good idea and I offered to go halves with him on this post etc.. he said he would go an get a price on it.. but next time i spoke to him he told me he wasn't going to install a post. This is a deal breaker for me. I sent a letter to them under instruction from my solicitor saying I wanted all work to stop an that I agreed to none of the work that has been done so far... an until an agreement uis drawn up that both parties are happy to sign an witnessed by our solicitors all work was to stop.

At this point I am thinking I would pay for this post myself jus to set in stone the length an position of the boundary wall, does anyone know where I can purchase an get one of these posts installed ?

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated,

jaymcs

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

You’ve solicitor involved, I’d take the thread down.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JayMcS

Listen I jus want some information on where to get the post.. I think If I jus buy an install the post I can put the issue to bed without having to use the solicitor.. thats my hope anyway.. it's good that they know I got legal advice maybe they will now stop trying to hustle me etc.. but the ultimate solution for me would be a metal post permanantly stuck in the ground cementing the boundary wall's position this would solve it I would say..

So once again does anyone have any information on the metal post purchase an installation etc please ??

All or any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭con747

Dig some holes and put something like these https://www.donedeal.ie/fencingequipment-for-sale/steel-posts/28722268 in them and fill with cement. If your neighbour took a wall down while you were sleeping what's to stop him digging up a metal post while your sleeping?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JayMcS

I am looking for galvanised steel post designed to last an bolt to ground etc also to brace the wall an hang the gates off of... ?

Post edited by JayMcS on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Would you need to ask your neighbours permission if you're putting it right on the boundary? I'd think so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement