Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eir Alternative?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I left EIR and could not stomach that awful excuse of a company ever again, I am waiting over 12 months for a reconnection in another rural property. EIR are a disgrace and everyone should leave them, good for nothing and should be boycotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They wanted a router and TV box returned. I chose the fastway option and they'll pick it up from me. Thing was I didn't have a router, never did. Declined it on install. Told them this and believe it or not they shipped me out a brand new one, arrives tomorrow by fastway, and them I book a return with fastway to ship it back.

Odd company. Said they couldn't just write the router off so they're sending silly money shipping stuff around.

In other news my VF setup is done and the router isn't bad. I cloned my sky router to it so all my devices still connect. Had to really because their phone line is VOIP. I can request them to return this to physical but the way they set it up meant I couldn't continue to use my own routers as they don't have a phone line connection in the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭tech

I left eir to to goto Pure Telecom,

€40 for 1 gig FTTH, unlimited calls to local and national numbers. best bargain out there no issues a seamless transfer over to Pure!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I am using Fastway who will pick it up from my house. If Eir wish to challenge me on it then best of luck to them, I'd love an auld formal email fight with a company. It's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Yep you just call up and they cut the increase from €6 down to €1. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

no they dont. I had Vodafone BB, house phone and tv installed in a property on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just signed up there for the full package online through chat as there were some issues processing it online and she threw in the complete sky Sports package for €1 extra per month for next 6 months as an add on.

Absolutely delighted with this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've just received an installation date for later this week. Will the engineer being the modem with him or does that get delivered by An Post? Thanks.

Advertisement