Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options
1292293294295296298»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I took it through two pregnancies with hyperemesis. I couldn't have functioned without it. I had no worries about taking it, a number of doctors assured me it was completely safe. It does make you extremely tired when you take it first but your system will adjust to it before long. Apart from that I had no ill effects and it made life liveable. The sickness and nausea was unbearable without it.

It's very expensive, I would advise pricing it in a number of pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you so much Bobsammy!! It is a first pregnancy so you can imagine the worry with everything..I was one of the annoying ones with nothing like this happening just bad heartburn which I thank someone for everyday. I did see that while doing a quick search is it close to 45 euro? That is mad, making more money of something surprise surprise...

thanks again i shall report all back

It's really hard - my first pregnancy I didn't know what to expect and really didn't realise for quite a while that I was extremely sick, far more than is normal. I thought I was being a baby, everyone else manages so why couldn't I. But the medication made a huge difference - although I did still end up hospitalised with dehydration at various stages.

On the plus side I had two very straightforward labours and two babies who slept through the night at 6 weeks so it really is swings and roundabouts with these things.

The cost of the Cariban is ridiculous - I worked out that between the two pregnancies it cost me nearly €2k, especially because I had to take it for much longer in my second pregnancy. If she knows anyone who might be travelling to Spain you can get it a lot cheaper over there. A friend managed to stock me up just before Covid hit and I was very grateful.

I came back to add the best piece of advice I was giving by my consultant. Eat and drink whatever you can keep down, baby will get what it needs and now is not the time to be worrying about a balanced diet - anything at all getting into your system is more important.

I found it hugely reassuring when I was existing on salt and vinegar crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

thanks again Bobsammy passed on all to my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jacobss

my wife is 7 months pregnant, I am afraid for her more than she probably is

Advertisement