Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF Voice SIP server address

• 07-08-2021 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

I am moving to VF from another provider and am planning to keep my existing router for a number of reasons. I have a Fritz 7950. As well as the Broadband (FTTH) service, I am signing up to VF Voice.

I have asked VF for the credentials to access the VoIP server, which they say is SIP.

They have given me a CLI, username and password. The username is in the form <CLI>@ims.vodafone.ie, so in the Telephony config on the Fritz, I have specified the Registrar and SIP Proxy as ims.vodafone.ie, however registration fails with DNS error. The server is not pingable either.

So has anyone set up their own SIP client to use VF's service? What details did you use?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Same issue here, customer service rep was friendly enough and gave me the user name and password without any real issue, but ignored my asking for server addresses and just said he couldn't guarantee the details would work on my own equipment (bit of a self fulfilling prophecy there are not likely to without the server addresses).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭KildareP

Are you using Vodafone's DNS servers on the Fritz? If might be an internal DNS address so only Vodafone's own DNS servers know about it whereas Google, OpenDNS, etc. will return server not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Yeah, I did think of that, and tried, but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I shelved the idea and just removed the service from my contract.

I have wifi calling so that works at least.

Advertisement