Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Looking Ship Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Peregrine Class. Proper small fighters in Star Trek, it's supposed to be a little bit smaller than an F-22. It'll always be funny that the Maquis retrofitted a, presumably, almost obsolete Federation ship class into an effective fighter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Peregrine? Fool of a Took!

Tholian for my vote. Neither a great design but there's a bit more going on with the Tholian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Rawr

..and then later Starfleet go: "Erm...yea, these are fighters. That was totally our plan from day one...ehh...lets build loads for the Dominion War"

So I'm going Peregrine too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Tholian ship gets the vote from me. Nothing special about the peregrine class ship.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Peregrine wins the day

Hope you dont mind but I'm currently out tonight and having a few drinks, so I'll upload the next round tomorrow!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

That's the bigger Maquis Raider ship not a Peregrine.

Banned :P

I found that gif after a second bottle of wine. I think I did alright. Lol.

But you are correct.

Next Up.

Nova Class

VS

Galaxy Class

I will leave this up until 10pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 27,777 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Galaxy class.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Nova's not bad but is there any contest? Galaxy class.

After that much wine I'd probably have posted a peregrine falcon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That's a real tough one. Nova is one of my favourites of the late Berman era and would easily beat most of the ships seen here so far but it got a bad draw against the Galaxy class.

Galaxy it is. Even though it is smooth it's not sleek or aerodynamic which makes it look more spacey and futuristic

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Nova

Arg...a choice between a ship that I love regardless of how she looks...and a design I really like....

It's got to be the Galaxy. Her design was a perfect way to say: "You know that Future world you like to watch? Well....here's the Future-Future World!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not that mad into the Galaxy design itself, it's too front heavy with the giant saucer... ... but even as a TNG grump it's impossible not to see how iconic the design is anyway. So Galaxy it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Galaxy. Love the Enterprise-D. Can never forgive them awful, amateurish, stupid way they killed her off.

Ms

Feck that's a hard one. I love both. Any chance you could do this draw again lol.

It is the Galaxy class for me. It was my first love in Star Trek. I practically grew up watching that ship and her crew so ye Galaxy Class for me.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Galaxy Class wins!!

I'll post final R1 tonight!

Ms

That's normally called a Quarter final or a semi final lol. So will there be a Quarter final and then semis then a final or will its just be a semi and then a final?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

After tonight we will have narrowed the list down from 32 to 16 ships. Those 16 will go head to head across another 8 rounds. Those 8 winners will be narrowed down to 4 in another 4 rounds, this is the the quarter finals. Then 4 ships in the semi final and 2 in the final.

We're only about half way through all the voting at this stage.

EDIT: That's not a very clear explanation. In this image we're still at the bottom of the left most column.

Roll Up and pick your ship! :)

Sovereign class

VS

Vorcha Class

• Advertisement

This is a bit tough. Vor'cha is my favourite Klingon design but the Sovereign is just cool and sleek.

Sov... Vo... Sover... Vor'cha final answer, unless I edit my post later.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sovereign class

• Registered Users Posts: 12,294 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

those long sleek lines, has to be the Sovereign class

it puts the E in sex-e

Sovereign class, no contest. A gorgeous design, while the Vorcha just seems ... off somehow. Lacking that pizazz of other Klingon designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,777 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tough one as I like both designs ... going to go with Vorcha class though if Sovereign gets through I may vote for it in future.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Ms

Oh that's a tough one. The Vorcha class is my favorite Klingon design of ship sure its not as iconic as a Bird of Prey but it just look class but I also love the Soverign class abs then it is a beautiful sleek design. Just what the Federation needed at that time so I am going to vote for the um the Soverign yep the Sovereign class.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I like the Vorcha but the E is an amazing looking ship. I know I criticised the newer sleek aerodynamic ships earlier but this really is the exception. It looks to me like an updated Excelsior in all the right ways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Tough one, really like both, but gotta go with the Sovereign.

Ah...Sovereign Class. It felt like a truly updated ship in the mould of the classic Enterprise, but with the added menace of a ship born into a Galaxy at war.

• Advertisement

I think the "off" bit is the Vorcha's "nose". She's still a good looking ship, it's just that Klingon vessels tended to have a rounded forward section with a very clear torpedo tube on it (D7, K'tinga and Bird of Prey all had this). The designs always seemed to screem "this bit here is for killing you". Vorcha's pointy bits didn't have that same effect I felt.

Advertisement