Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2016 Jaguar XF

• 26-07-2021 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a 2016 Jaguar XF. Has less than 70k km. Is there anything I should be looking out for, common problems etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

Which engine? Some people on the jaguar forums find the 2.2 to be a bit of a disappointment, a little too agricultural, but then again some like it.

Maybe check out the various jag forums for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Thanks for the reply. It's a 2.0 ltr engine. I'll look for some of those forums. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Iv recently got a 171 xe. Same engine iirc.

Im enjoying it. Probly twice the km on mine tho but iv got a full service history. In 6 months, give or take iv had no issues bar a dodgey impact sensor and i needed rear disks for nct.

The disks and calipers are prone to rust. Stop/start is a known issue its got a mind of its own, iv heard a larger battery sorts that.

As for the engine? No major things to look out for afaik just check the timing chains not stretched, some early models had that happen over 100k miles but your well off that.

Lovely cars to drive, can be fun and sensible.

Go for the auto if you can. R sport spec is nicer looking imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Zylias

Huge repair costs for the Jag - lovely car but I can't justify the repair costs over an Audi/BMW/Merc personally. Best of luck if you get it though!

Still haven't made up my mind yet. I may make up my mind shortly as I'll need a new car in 3 weeks. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Judgeing by the only work iv had done (rear discs) its no more expensive than other brands.

Granted its not going to be as cheap as say a skoda or toyota. And far more expensive than the old saab i had which cost peanuts to get anything done on.

But its not crazy by any means, iv priced the various things that would be needed as time goes on.

Get your own parts and bring them to your local guy, its what iv always done.

Any main dealer prices will always be silly money.

I took the plunge and bought a 161 XF with 108,000 km. Fingers crossed she lasts well.

Advertisement