Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revenue App terrible?

• 19-12-2018 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Is it me or is the Revenue app (IOS) barely usable? It keeps making me log back in, it refuses to let me access things like Receipt Tracker. I click on it and it tells me to access it from the Homepage???

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Didn't know there was an app. Wouldn't trust one anyways, always use ROS via laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Steve wrote: »
    Didn't know there was an app. Wouldn't trust one anyways, always use ROS via laptop.

I’m the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Ya. I've always used the website, said I'd give the app a try, seems shockingly bad.

Does anyone know how to enter general medical expenses through revenue.ie?
    It's not in the Health section of Claim Tax Credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

I answered my own question. For anyone else wondering, you can't enter 2018 medical expenses until Jan 1 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

I tried using the app after Revenue sent someone to present it to our company...and I cannot make the uploading of receipts work. Has anyone been able to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ROS is fairly bad itself so I can't imagine the app is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

ROS website consistently loses my eform 12 once filled out. I can go through the whole process, get the reference code at the end etc, and as soons as I log out it disappears as if I never filled it in. Revenue have been no help and I can't complete my help to buy application til its sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,304 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is the app withdrawn from service now? I can't see any mention of it being withdrawn on the Revenue site or Twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Maxbing

Went to use the app today to upload a health receipt. Got the above notice and couldn't do anything. I hope they are not going to delete the app, it would be a real shame because its very efficient. But it wouldn't surprise; something works well, get rid of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

I'm the same, went to upload receipts and got that message. It's gone from September.

Apparently you can use myaccount to do it now, but I just an error when I click 'manage receipts'

• Advertisement

I went to upload a receipt via myaccount and it seems they have deleted any receipts I uploaded in July through the app (receipts I didn't keep...) Looks like they've made a mess of whatever they were attempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Advertisement