Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ted Lasso [Apple]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Very enjoyable show, a great lead and a "local" feel to it, looking forward to Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Binge watching this for the second time now. Funny but has a lot of heart. i think I said before that a second series wasn't necessary but I've changed my mind. I want more Lasso. Heartwarming show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just a bump for this..

.. like Heckler, also did a rewatch of this after being reminded of it with Nick Mohammed (Nathan) on Graham Norton lately.

Think I enjoyed it even more on a binge second time around.

Season 2 looking likely for late Summer apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 starts July 23rd.

Season 2 starts July 23rd.
    Can do one better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This news just made my day. Nice one.

Football is death 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thought it was great. Slow start but some very funny bits in it. The Roy Kent character somewhat steals the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭archfi

Yep, Roy Kent is still King.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Really nice start to Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rasher_Sausage

Looking forward to sitting down to watch it over the weekend. Loved the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A huge ratings winner for Apple

If Roy Kent was on Soccer Saturday it would be the most watched show on Sky Sports week in week out.

Also great to see Ruth Bradley I didn't recognise her last week as the teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I think he does quite well for Sky Sports, it's just a shame Brett Goldstein couldn't pull off the Cork accent 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Has Roy Keane seen or commented on the show do we know?

Roy heading to the the studio to the Pistols brilliant. Its hokey and wears its heart on its sleeve. You're never going to get blindsided by this show and thats what I love about it. Its feelgood TV that me anyhow needs right now. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

just finished season 1. has the right mix of feel good and comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Roy Kent is the gift that keeps giving.

"Can we have ice cream for dinner"?

"No, that's dumb"

No nonsense, and then he follows it up with incredibly insightful life lessons.

"He's here, he's there, he's every f*ckin where"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I want a whole episode with Roy Kent giving no nonsense parenting advice.

• Advertisement

Yep, more Kent, less 'issoos'!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

He’s epic

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Led Tasso....ha ha

Another really fun episode...season 2 even better than 1 so far.

Roy stealing every scene he is in

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah Roy Kent is a great character

Brett Goldstein completely changing styles compared to his role in Derek as Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

If they try to break up Roy and Keeley we riot.

I love Jason Sudeikis. Something very charming about him. And there's an intelligence and dignity beneath the goofiness. He's great as Jesse Owens' coach in the film Race.

Not sure if it was the agenda-pushing Dubai Air episode last week, or the completely misplaced Christmas episode this week..

.. but it's all gone a bit too saccharine all of a sudden.

I knew it's also targetted at the US market but I am tending to agree that the saccharine of that last episode was in overdrive. Ok, it's an out of place Christmas ep but still.

The only funny bit of episode 4 is Roy Kent's nieces bad breath - the first scene of that strand.

Also, the crowbarred in virtue signalling with the charcater Sam at the centre is one I hope is a mere blip.

Paraphrasing -

'So back home Sam, what does Christmas make you think of?'

'Colonialism'

I mean, just fck off writers!

Maybe what this needs is a Roy Kent spin off and better writers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The show has always been saccharine and idealistic. In the first season Sam refuses to take the toy soldier Ted gives him because of its connotations.

Advertisement