Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guy took picture of my reg

• 30-07-2021 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I was pulling out in a posh part of Dublin today and I looked in my mirror and seen the guy had stopped so assumed he was letting me out. When i pulled out he had moved again and we nearly hit each other. Anyway we rolled down our windows and the usual yadada i may have called him a prick etc then he followed me down the road beeping his horn for a solid minute or two and he took a picture of my reg while giving me the finger etc. Now I'm prob being paranoid but is there anything he can do to screw me over like if he's a solicitor or something?

Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's like having a ****. It will give him a good feeling, but nothing will actually happen. - Sort of the same for a person shouting out a window and callinganother driver a prick

btw, what's a "posh" part of Dublin. Is it some area that has locked access?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Zero panic I'd say. Acting the bollix with all his start stopping wasn't he.

I'd hazard a guess he lives very local and was just keeping an eye out and the shot of your reg was cause he's daft or just in case you were up to something. You weren't banging someone's misses in the house were ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 houseshare

locked access? It was Ranelagh. Prick was what I said he had his own jumbled few words to say. The gf took a picture of him when he was beeping behind us and the head on him he looks like something from prime time which made me think. I hope a load of bullshit isn't in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 20 houseshare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

His rage has nothing to do with you

The wife or boss giving him no respect maybe or he is just angry with his inadequate life.

If he had not blasted you he would have done it to the driver at the next set of traffic lights who was 0.01 seconds slow when the lights turned green

Never take it personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

What kind of car are you driving? Is it an older reg... Folks living in the area may have had issues with break-ins etc so maybe if your car is not a top quality car or an older model pre 2014 maybe they were concerned about your presence in the area... However like others said I'd say there's nowt to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

Sounds like there was a pair of ye in it.

What were you doing in a posh part of Dublin anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,632 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'd imagine he just wanted to live rent-free inside your head for a bit OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

A pair of chunts in it from the sound of things.

At least it wasn't that poster who brings incidents that happened a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

You won’t hear a word...but if you did you could just report him for using his phone while driving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

He's probably a private detective who's been following you. He got rumbled and tried to pass himself of as an irate driver. Tell us more...

Advertisement