Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Priming Corrugated Barn Roof - Advice Needed

• 05-08-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking for some advise on how I should go about priming this particular surface on my barn roof. The sheets were put up in the mid 90s and so are the more heavy gauge metal. The original oxide coating is peeling and flaking off so I've sanded the whole lot down best I could, (please see some photos attached). As you can see I've gotten back to the bare metal on some parts but there is a good but of old paint on it which was also sanded back a good bit. Could anyone advise on a type of primer that would adhere well on this mix of bare metal and paint so that I could then apply a standard red oxide finish on top? Cheers.

Post edited by Bluscreendream on

Comments

Advertisement