Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Superb Combi - choose Age vs Miles

• 06-08-2021 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭

Trying to decide between these two 2.0 D Superb estates. Spec wise they’re pretty much equivalent, and both have all the stuff I want. So it’s really down to the individual cars. The difference is the age, mileage and price (although both are within my budget).

Option A: 2015 (mk ii), 162,000 km, €15,950

or

Option B: 2017 (mk iii), 216,137 km, €18,950

So option B gives a 2 year benefit (with a model revision), but a 54,000 km deficit, and a 3 grand difference.

Assuming both run well and have no issues, which one to go with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I really wouldn't get hung up on the mileage difference between the two, makes no odds really assuming they both have FSH.

Think the real decision is whether the new model is worth the extra €3k to you? Personally I would go for the newer car as it is far more up to date inside and out than the aging, but well equipped and still very capable Mark 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭3d4life

Go for the FWD unless you need a 4 X 4

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 2017 without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Zylias

I'd go for the 2015, the money on the 2017 is far too high for the miles. I think if you could get the 2015 for 15k you'd be doing well.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Well, nobody’s budging at all on price. They know it’s a seller’s market at the moment.

Drove them both, and I went with the 171.

Thanks all for your input.

• Advertisement
Advertisement