Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 €50 Draft H2H league

• 27-07-2021 6:56am

So we have 4 from last year -

klopparama

Dearg81

CSF

Trimm Trabb

It’s now open to everyone else and we are hoping to teach the cap of 8 players.

I believe remoteboy is interested.

The 4 from last year have until the 31st of August to pay if that’s ok with everyone.

i think we’ll have to do a ‘first pay first play’ for anyone else.

CSF is collecting the funds for this competition.

The draft itself is currently scheduled to kick off at 22.30 on Tuesday the 10th of August

Comments

I should have said this is a ‘winner takes all’ league.

The rules for ties are as follows -

In the event of a tie, whoever has the most overall weekly H2H wins is declared the winner. If that is also a tie then their actual H2H’s, against each other, are counted. If it is still tied then the combined scores in those weekly H2H’s will determine the winner.

This is the purest form of FPL so if you haven’t played before I suggest you give it a whirl.

Finally -

CSF will you please outline how you’d like to receive the money in regards what you do, or don’t, want said on the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paypal please, all I want is username on the reference. No details of anything more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Grand. Payday this Friday. Will sort you then. Thanks again.

So that will leave 3 places up for grabs.

• Advertisement

Gonna bump this every other day til we fill it or til deadline.

it’s a great comp and really hope we get the 3 we need.

It’s the purest form of the game boys.

only one manager can own Kane

who will it be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

haven't done a Draft league before, so will give it a go, if space still available.

• Advertisement

Good stuff.

payment to CSF and he’ll provide you with the league code.

only 2 places available now.

there’s nothing more exciting than draft day.

Can vouch for this. Am genuinely confused that we're not turning people away for this

Has the code gone out yet?

Think CSF will send the code as he receives the entry fee.

He is pretty busy as I think he’s trying to keep the non paid leagues afloat so if you have paid then maybe just pm him as he may have forgotten.

I think last season we all used our Boards usernames for our team names as it helped with keeping track of what was going on.

It worked quite well if ye want to do it again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

I feel like a lamb to the slaughter entering this. I might need a crash course on the rules. Might have a look around FF website.

You won’t be.

If you are going to research anyway to improve your draft games I suggest you focus on the ‘waivers’.

That’s the biggest part of the game once the initial draft has happened.

Like most things in life it’s much easier doing than reading.

Code sent to remoteboy and Xander10.

Just waiting to sort funds with TrimmTrabbs and Dearg81, both of which should be no problem, so if we can get 1 or 2 (preferably 2 although I know we only had 7 last year and it was absolutely fine) more that'll be great.

Thanks for running this CSF and for helping me get logged in. I have my first stupid question. Trying to understand difference between Waiver and Free Agency. Is it just a matter of timing - ie up to 24 hours before gameweek Waiver rules apply and then Free Agency kicks in?

Exactly, there’ll be a waiver the day before the gameweek starts. That’s done with whoever is last having first pick etc. And once that waiver wire has passed you can make as many moves as you wish until the FPL deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Sent my Money there CSF - I’m using the site so sparingly it had slipped my mind.

• Advertisement

Send me on your payment details CSF and I'll send you the money today, I can't find them in my inbox.

Done

Ok I've paid up. The new boards UI PMs didn't appear for me until I clicked on my user icon so I had a few missed messages, it's a really poor UI.

6 people paid up now. I think we need at least 1 more, but preferably the full 2.

Yeah.

only 8 days now until the draft.

can only imagine it’s the lack of traffic that is stoping this from being full.

Might be worth mentioning it on the Discord server. See if it gets any traction there.

Good thinking.

you’re welcome to do so because I’m struggling with that platform.

Less than a week to go to draft day.

roll up

2 more speakers to fill

Two things lads -

can you change your team name to your boards username so we all know who we are playing. It worked much better this way last season.

also, what do you want re league size ? If no one else joins will I reduce the number of teams to 6, or 7 depending, so we are playing each other every week and are not playing the ‘average score’ team. Personally I think we should play each other and **** off ‘average’.

for the guys that didn’t play last season - if you have a league of 8 teams but only 7 entrants then the league generates an ‘average team score’ for that week and you play against it in your weeks H2H. So every 6th week you’d play against that weeks average score.

• Advertisement

7 would be better than 6. Given that we have quite a reasonable entry fee, 6 still wouldn't be the end of the world though

Advertisement