Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

I got my first Pfizer jab 2 days ago and last night I experienced severe abdominal pain for 4 hours. Worst night of my life. 1 hour sleep. Almost phoned 999. No vomiting or other symptoms, just severe pain like I took a bad kicking to the stomach. Slightly better now but worried about eating. Has anyone else experienced this? I've read about nausea but that didn't really present itself except during hour 2 or 3 when the pain was really unbearable. I've no underlying conditions and in good shape physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

no side effects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Sore arm after both jabs. No other side effects.

Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

Some of the side effects being reported here are pretty scary. If this is what’s the norm it makes me think just chancing getting Covid might be better. Had a first jab of pfizer a few weeks ago. Sore arm and a little foggy the next day was all. Second dose tomorrow, wife’s on Friday. We have a one year old so let’s hope we’re not both out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Still not right after second Pfizer dose a week ago.

No strength at all, diarrhea, dizziness, hot flushes. The joint and head pain have passed thankfully. Hope to get back to work tomorrow.

Mid 30s, male, good health.

Not looking forward to a booster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

please get yourself to a doctor, pain that bad needs to be checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Sounds like I got lucky. Very mild symptoms both times. Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

First jab I had a headache the next day, the second jab I had the same headache along with fatigue... 24hrs right as rain.

My partner was bedridden after the second jab but as above, 24hrs later, up and not a bother

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

But now I'm able to travel without hindrance and feel like I am "safer"... I'll take a headache and fatigue any day with the benefits it brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Yes it is, do you recall how the day after your MMR jab in school went?

• Advertisement

It's subsiding now especially with Panadol and just a small breakfast. But I might give them a call to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Yes, i was the same, pain in my stomach was horrendous - started 4am saturday morning (shot 2 was the friday morning) up until monday morning.

Might be a coincidence but.....and may be tmi.....i haven't 💩'd since last thursday either 😫🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nonsense I had the flu vaccine for the first time a few years back, I had far worse side effects with that than I did with the AZ

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Almost no side effects. Neither injection hurt at all (and I've a history of fainting with needles).

I booked both occasions as a day off, drank loads of water, had the injection in non-dominant arm, rested. Had a slightly reduced food intake, watched TV. Went for a gentle walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Pfizer

Dose 1: Was aware of a tiny pain in the arm I got the injection in (if you pinched your arm very lightly and held it, that's the pain).

That lasted until the end of the day after the vaccine.

Dose 2: Nothing at all.

I've 3 other people in our house. My missus had shivers on the day after the first dose. Nothing after the second.

The other 2 said they felt slightly tired after their first dose (but can't verify if that's vaccine related, they're always tired). They haven't had dose 2 yet.

I had a sore arm after both pfizer jabs. I was tired after both but I'm tired a lot of the time anyways so couldn't be sure it was caused by vaccine.

What I am a bit concerned about though is potential long term side effects because we are the guinea pigs with regard to that. Hopefully it'll be okay but we don't know as obviously there was no way of testing this in the short term.

Oh yeah, I also got serious excess gas from the second Pfizer jab. Mine went down the way and my missus' went up the way so much that she nearly vomited.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Except it is, for basically every vaccine, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Total nonsense.

The Men B vaccine makes newborns feel pretty bloody ropey, and get a similarly high fever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

Yep doing better and out of hospital thanks.

No clots thank god, they had me worried when they said they suspected that cause of my bloods combined with extreme difficulty breathing.

They put it down a bad gastro reaction to the vaccine and gave me some strong stomach tablets. High blood markers they put down to my immune system just reacting to vaccine too and should go back to normal.

Having so much time to google in hospital I did come across a study from phd student in james hospital that showed 25% of people that had actual COVID had high D-Dimmer results for 4 month after getting COVID (high d-dimmer suggests possible clots), but none of them had any actual clots!

https://www.healio.com/news/hematology-oncology/20210408/elevated-ddimer-levels-common-months-after-covid19-diagnosis

I'm getting referred to the beacon now to rule out appendicitis. Hopefully it's nothing major like that. The pain was really awful last night though so they just want to be sure I guess. Fingers crossed I'm in and out in no time. At the same time I hope they can confirm it's completely unrelated to the vaccine so I have nothing to worry about in a few weeks when I go for jab 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭gipi

Yes, I had similar for about 36 hours after my 2nd Pfizer jab

Both jabs seemed to trigger my gallstones, the episode after the second was so bad I thought I'd have to seek medical attention. I couldn't lie on one side, couldn't raise my head due to dizziness. Thankfully it passed, and I was fine after the 36 hours.

My normal gallstone attacks last between 20 minutes and 2-3 hours, so this was definitely an outlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭brianc27

Nah, vast majority that do get side effects, they are gone after a day, and it's a small minority that get any side effects, I'll take me chances with a vaccine all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

I didn't know tinnitus is a symptom. I had awful ringing in my ears a couple of weeks ago before my vaccine. Like I spent a night in a nightclub. Just one ear and no other symptoms. Lasted a full week.

Now I feel bad because I didn't know, so didn't get tested and continued on into work. But no one else around me were getting sick but I always wear my mask inside. So it just goes to show how important it is to wear face masks. You could have covid and not know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Yes it is! Stop spreading conspiracy nonsense. A minority of people will get side effects outside standard sore arm.

Try yellow fever vaccine, rabies vaccine etc etc You know the ones you need if travelling to certain countries. (Sound familiar!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

I had a worse reaction to the vaccines I had to take going to the tropics a few years ago than I did to the Covid vaccine. Totally normal for vaccines to have side effects. Much much better in all cases than getting the disease of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LV-426

Sore arm and a dodgy stomach the next day. Ok after that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Pfizer

Pain in arm after both doses, but only when arm was stretched or lifted above shoulder height.

2nd dose didn't make me feel particularly tired, but I ended up sleeping 12 hours that night, when I usual average 6-7, then had a 'quick nap' the next day and woke up 4 hours later :)

• Advertisement

Hi suicide circus, I hope you feel better soon.

Am wondering if your experience has affected your view about people (like me) who are choosing not to get any Covid vaccine, never mind about boosters?

Thanks.

Advertisement