Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I actually got totally stuck on a boss earlier, don't want to spoil but it was weak to a certain damage type and I didn't have any leveled weapon that could hurt it, and also didn't have many of the small components to upgrade it. I went and spent them and then had to take another 10 or 15 mins trekking back to the boss which was pretty ****. After dying a few more times, I was finally able to beat it... because it got stuck on the level geometry and I was just able to stand there and shoot it. Anyway didn't think it was great design giving what felt like such a big difficulty spike and not many options to overcome it. I'll keep going because I'm really enjoying it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

This, I think I have started it around 5 times now each time I never return

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Played through about 3 hours of The Ascent and its lost my save file for some reason. Fun game alright but not sure if ill be restarting.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Finally I’m able to shoot and kill the rats haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

New month, new game pass announcement.

Funny thing is one of the best value things in that is premium for Solitaire, where they usually charge a €10 monthly subscription to remove ads. A damning indication of how overpriced it is for anyone that actually plays it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

There are a few racing games (from Codemasters) coming to EA Play too on August 10th and hence GP...

F1 2020

Dirt 4

Dirt Rally

Dirt Rally 2.0

Grid

Sooo.... Stopped playing The Ascent. I mentioned the difficulty spike above I hit, well I got to another worse one and I just can't do it. So it was fun while it lasted any maybe I'll come back if/when they update it a bit or add some difficulty options.

Back to State of Decay 2, which is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Fired up Two Point Hospital on this last night. Really enjoyed what I played. Thinking I'll pick it up on Switch now as it seems a nice chill management game well suited to handheld. Great humour too.

Game Pass is great as a testing ground for some games. I've ended up buying several games on the Switch due to testing them on GP, and avoided buying others.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My switch has been gathering dust since I realized I can just play xbox games on my phone with the kishi.

I game share my GP sub so I don't get to avail of the cloud streaming service side of it. Does it translate into a fully functional handheld experience with the Kishi? I'd be tempted to get my own sub and pick one up if so

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty much, you don't need to use cloud either. I hardly ever use cloud unless I want to try something briefly before installing. For the most part I just leave my One X on instant on and install the games I want to play on it, then I use the Xbox app rather than the games pass app to play handheld on the phone through remote play. Obviously if you want to paly on the go outside of the house that isn't much use, better off with a switch in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'm probably biased because I knew this game would be my thing before I played it but... Curse of the Dead Gods is great!

It's really got that one more run feeling nailed, would put it up there with Children of Morta, Dead Cells etc as a really good roguelike. Tricky but not overwhelmingly difficult, just the right amount to think "If I'd gotten a bit more RNG luck, I could have progressed further there".

Tried it last night. Its pretty good. Got to the boss of the first level. Not sure how I feel about the corruption thing though, seems your getting punished for progressing. Borrows a lot from other similar games, map is straight from Slay the Spire; Corruption, light mechanic and artstyle are very Darkest Dungeon, and weapons unlocked appearing in loot pool is very Dead Cells. Seemed good from what I played but found it very hard to juggle the torch and weapon thing and dodging with RT seemed weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Anyone looking for a 3 month Gamepass for PC I have a 33% off code from amazon, only valid for another 13 days. Not going to use myself hopefully it'll work and not locked to account.

B6QU-D6YTAZ-SXB4BH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Loads of Codemasters games just went up on EAPlay, which means Game Pass Ultimate subscribers can now use them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Stardew Valley inbound soon!

Is this returning? I've a feeling it was in GP before? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hades 4k 60fps on Series X on GamePass on the 13th. Not sure if I'll like this game, but will give it a spin. Gets fantastic reviews.

Will give F1 2020 a go, apparently it's quite good.

A game I'd never heard of but was added recently is Library of Ruina, it has hovered between very positive and overwhelmingly positive on Steam user reviews, I've no real idea what it is but again will give it a shot.

Definitely going to try out Hades as well, again is not really my usual game but it just seems to be universally loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Hi, I have no clue about gaming Im afraid so Im looking for some advice on a popular generic XBox One game for a 16 year old boy, preferably one that is due out later this year that I can pre-order - FIFA 2022? Best place to buy? TIA

Post edited by LISAMC38 on

FIFA sure

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Ask in the shop what the most recent ones are, the latter two should have new releases in November.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not sure where to put this, but it does seem Game Pass related. I have my first XBox, the Series S and its great apart from one annoying thing. It keeps stopping mid game to check do I own the game. It's like the internet keeps dropping which breaks the link to Game Pass, but the internet is solid. Thats all I have to play, I don't have any other games outside Game Pass. Last night, in the middle of Gears 4 it kept doing it. Then I went to download gears 5 and it told me I needed Ultimate. Checked my subscriptions, and I have Ultimate until 2023. I got fed up and restarted and I could then start downloading Gears 5.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

I used to get that with FIFA,i could literally play any other game for hours no bother and then get multiple disconnects on that one game,unfortunately I never found an answer why,most searches or questions seem to just blame your connection but I know that's wrong!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have you set it as your home console in settings? Try doing that if you haven't.

I suspect if you do that you can play the game pass games offline so when your connection drops it won't do the check anymore.

I can't seem to find that anywhere in settings?

Not sure where the setting is exactly. Try these steps and see:

Here's how to set it up:

1. Open up your settings.
    2. Go to the “general” menu (the first one).
    3. Click on “Personalization.”
    4. Scroll down to “My home Xbox.”
    5. Click “Make this my home Xbox.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I sometimes get that on the series s when it first starts up, I presume it hasn’t connected to the internet properly but it has never happened mid game on gears 4 or 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Make sure to report back if it fixes the problem.

Advertisement