Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I seem to have got it the worst! Seems to have gone as quick as it came (touch wood) however was pretty bad for 12 hours or so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Week 1: -3lbs

Week 2: -2.5lbs

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: +1.5lb

To same I'm baffled is an understatement, I was actually good last week, I'm still feeling under the weather a bit so I'm hoping it's just that. One the upside I'm down 6 inches off my waist and 6 inches off my chest since starting 5 weeks ago now.

My clothes are definitely looser and my fitness has absolutely improved so I'll take those wins for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Good work loughc, 6 inches in 5 weeks is impressive!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Great numbers Loughc, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Unbelievable loss on the measurements. Very impressed 😲

I think I’m gonna roll my monthlies up into quarters because I hate the new layout so much. Dropped a couple of lbs this week. 6 days in the gym again. Definitely noticing a difference in my shape even if the weight isn’t dropping as much as I’d like

Quarter 1: -9.4lbs

Month 4: +1.6lbs

Month 5: +1.0lbs

Week 22: -2.0lbs

• Advertisement

Great work L'prof. Weight loss will slow as times goes on so it's important not to get too dishearten. Stick to the exercise and good eating habits and the results will take care of themselves.

Well my week out west has done some damage after all (as expected to be fair) up 3 lbs this morning... few gym sessions planned today and tomorrow and back to healthy eating will hopefully help that in the next few days.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

First Post holiday gym session done, showered and having a coffee now... feels good to get straight back at it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well done- no better feeling!! 👍️

• Advertisement

Car cleaned inside and out now too... have an energy spurt on 😀

Post workout endorphins are great. Always makes me feel better.

How many active calories did you burn doing that? 🤔😆 I’m all about the burn since my brother gifted me his old Apple Watch

2 more gym sessions under the belt, starting to get my groove on again... Will head again tomorrow but may have a refreshing beverage or 2 tonight as well... 🤫

Hi guys, I fell off the wagon. I'm after having a mini fry for brunch (my last hurrah) so I'll be starting fresh tomorrow 😁 between the BBQs, dining with friends, and an old injury stopping me from my workouts and hiking, I am up 5kgs since May. While I'm not at my heaviest, it did hit my self esteem. I ended up not wanting to go out and do outdoorsy things because I was so self conscious. Work has been stressful as well, long hours and short staffed, so I've been burying my head in the sand a lot. I've a few days off this week and I already feel like I've the head space to get back on track. I've just downloaded My Fitness Pal on to my phone ☺️

If you can can do it once, you can do it again Eskie. We've all been there and it can very hard when you flat out and motivation is hard to find.

Great that you are mentally feeling like getting back into it and the rest will follow. Don't be too hard on yourself and we'll all be here to get you going.

Post edited by TRS30 on

Thanks TRS30, motivation was very hard to find. I'm starting back slowly 😃

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Week 1: -3lbs

Week 2: -2.5lbs

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: +1.5lb

Week 5: -3lbs

3lbs down this week, I really felt it this week that it was going to be a good weigh in, even though I had a Chinese last Friday and a chipper last Saturday, everything else in the week was within calories.

I was in the office yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and a shirt that was a little tight 3 weeks ago was swimming on me yesterday morning. While 11lbs down after 5 weeks is huge, it feels way more due to the inches lost. I still have a LONG way to go. But for now I'm happy feeling fitter and stronger. I let myself get into really bad shape during the first 6 months of 2021.

Brilliant work Loughc, its great to see the results of hard work.

One thing i'd say is trying to find a middle ground where you find your ideal weight & manage to maintain rather than fall into the up/down cycle... I've managed it recently to half a stone between lowest & heaviest & even at that I'd kept it at 2-3lbs for about 5-6 years until the lockdowns started & my routine went to pieces (back to within 4-5 lbs again thankfully). But maintaining is where its at in reality as no one want to lose loads of weight, to let it all slide back on & need another huge amount of work to lose again. So try & find that balance where you can treat yourself now & again but not need to diet for a month & run 10k a day for a week to do so!

Still, 11lbs in 5 weeks, top work fella👍️

Great work Loughc, good to see the hard work paying off.

• Advertisement

I’d love to find a middle ground. But every time I lose weight something derails me (usually work) and I end up either back when I started or even further off.

At least the gym is back open that’s really making it easier for me to lose the weight. My fitness pal is keeping the diet in check as well.

But with baby on the way I am determined to get the extra weight gone. And try to maintain.

I know that feeling. I suppose as I've gotten older I've managed to avoid the big swings in my weight & try to nip it in the bud without having to drastically change much. the christmas & new year Covid lockdown were my achilles heel though, that's when I just lost interest in myself & my fitness & just ate & drank my way through it all. Took me until recently to get my head back in the game & slowly getting there, not at anything like as impressive a pace as your good self, but i'm happy enough with the pace at which I'm getting my act together and regaining the fitness I'd let slide.

Keep up the good work!!

Brilliant results Loughc! Can always swear by my fitness pal.

Happy middle ground is the dream, I need to find that with work as well, it really throws my routine off.

Has anyone ever tried pilates? My physio suggested it to me the other day.

Day late weighing, was gonna leave it until next week. Glad I didn’t now, down another bit. Wasn’t expecting it because we were back home for a few days and I only got to the gym 4 days 😬 Maybe I’m putting on too much muscle 🙈 I found a pic from a few months ago and put it side by side to one from this week. I definitely have far less of a basketball head 😆

Quarter 1: -9.4lbs

Month 4: +1.6lbs

Month 5: +1.0lbs

Week 22: -2.0lbs

Week 23: -1.4lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just got back from leave. Very busy at the moment with a new venture and stressed to the gills. Had to wear a suit a few days ago for the first time in a while. really got to be how I could just about fit in to it. It used to be baggy.

So I'm starting again.

Wk1 (as of Monday of this week) is my new start weight.

Welcome back btw, hope the holidays went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

They went great, a few mishaps with the wee ones which is to be expected. Then came back early for the set up. Hope things are well with you?

Loughc is smashing it.

I ate like a horse. This weekend isnt looking great as we are doing a lot of BD for the new firm. I just need to be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Haven't been good at all in the past while. But I tend to lose weight when I'm stressed and we put an offer on a house today so I'm hopeful that I'll be slim and trim by Christmas 😁🏠

Welcome back Jude - thought you'd been lost

Fingers crossed for the house. I know how stressful it can be!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I was 7mths pregnant last time so it can't be any worse this time.

Advertisement