Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 11: Hungaroring

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Who is a hypocrite and a whinger?

I’ve made it very clear in the past that Hamilton is a thoroughly unlikeable person but people here still find ways to actually make up sh*t about him. And the same people who like to sh*t on Hamilton on a weekly basis say nothing. Take the moron who said he was making up feeling ill and that it was all for show. All of those who despise Hamilton completely silent on it because they, as was previously pointed out, want this anti-Hamilton echo chamber where anybody who disagrees is dismissed as a ‘fanboy’ and all the sheep throw in likes and lols.

Who exactly is a hypocrite and whinger now? How do you feel about the one poster who is constantly allowed to get away with spouting complete and utter lies based on pure hatred for someone? You have been completely silent on that yet you think arbitrary nonsense like what Hamilton says on the radio is more important.

There is an unhealthy hatred for him on here and as was said earlier, it’s hard to believe any of them a fully-grown adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It's also amazing how Mercedes, who have the choice of any driver on the grid, have stuck with Lewis for so long if he is so unlikeable, whinger etc. People seem to forget all the moaning from all the other great drivers over the years.

"By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win." Ayrton Senna.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I find him very unlikeable but I acknowledge that he's a good driver. I dislike him but I can't just go along with any old criticism of him. I don't like defending him but I can't watch people suggest nonsense like the idea that he knew he would likely put Max in hospital in Silverstone or he's making up long Covid - he's not a doctor and people make medical pronouncements all the time. I have a friend who calls every cold he gets the flu. And some people call headaches a migraine.

When I heard Lewis say he might have long covid, I didn't get furious and make up story around it. I just presumed he was talking as a lay person, like everyone else who isn't an expert.

He's not a likeable guy. There's plenty in reality to dislike about him so couldn't we just keep the criticism of him based in reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭barryribs

Exactly this. One of the greatest drivers of all time, just extremely unlikeable and compounded by the british media worshipping him at every available opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Mercedes dominance over the past number of years also hasn't helped. People like to see competition and when one team dominates with no others in reasonable contention it will lead to dislike towards that team and Hamilton is a fundamental part of Mercedes. People like the underdog and he hasn't been an underdog in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

Definitely agree with this - this season RB have emerged as a genuine contender to Mercedes, and the last 2 races have brought a lot of frustration out on people who want a good title fight. Everyone I know who watches looks forward every race to Max v Lewis, and the last 2 races that's been taken away from us by Merc errors.

If the same thing happened last season, there wouldn't have been nearly the same amount of vitriol, because it wouldn't have mattered in the grand scheme of things.

People claim to want to see competition but also want to see Red Bull and Max win every race this season. That’s perfectly normal to want them to break the Mercedes dominance but I would hazard a guess that most people would be very happy with a Max 1, Hamilton 2 every race.

Thats not a competitive season, it’s a dominant one.

I want to see max win each individual race because i think Mercedes has a track record of identifying and solving problems so they will get back on track and win plenty of races this season. They looked better in Silverstone and Hungary than they looked in previous races so they might have closed the gap or taken the lead again. I also think Red bull has less good reliability than Mercedes.

So for both of those reasons, I think Max needs to win lots of races as Mercedes will almost certainly win lots too. I wan to see max win the championship this year, but i want it to be competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

I want Max to win the Drivers championship so I guess that’s true, I would like to see him win every race, but I don’t expect that to happen - so each race I’m hoping that there’s a good battle between the two at least - if nothing else, it’s interesting to see Hamilton in a position he’s not used to.

so it’s incredibly annoying when that’s out the window from lap 1!

That I can agree with you. I think it’s normal to want (even if unintentionally) a certain driver to win every race.

I just want Gasly to win all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Wasn't it only 2 years ago when one of the ferraris hit one of the mercs and Hamilton said something a long the lines of a ten second penalty isn't fair but I don't really have a problem with Hamiltons complaining as all the drivers do it whether they are right or wrong. He does take it a bit far tho. Hopefully we are in for a good battle between Max and Lewis for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Schumacher was a master of dirty tricks and now Lewis takes after him...

Yeah he's a hypocrit which isn't unique amongst f1 drivers. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing in a sportsman. It's not a likeable trait in a person but that kind of unconscious double-think is really useful to a top end sports person. The other side of it is that he might be fully aware of his hypocrisy and just treat it as total war on his opponents (get the fans against them, prejudice the stewarts, the FIA and anyone else who might listen). I don't claim to know which one it is and it doesn't really matter. It's just sport, not real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I think most drivers would think this. Ham has been vocal on a number of occasions in the past about the severity of penalties. Now that he’s benefitted from it he’s being quiet about it but I don’t think that’s any different to any other driver on the grid. Same can be said for red flags, which he’s hugely benefitted from twice this season already but again, I’d guess all drivers think the same in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

France 2018. Vettel got a 5 second penalty for hitting Bottas. Lewis complained saying if you take a guy out you shouldn't be allowed to finish ahead of him.

Two weeks after that Kimi got a 10 second penalty for hitting Lewis. The below was a comment from Toto about the penaltys

---------‐------------------------------------------------‐-----------------------------------------

"I think there is consistency on the penalties," said Mercedes' team principal. "They are what they are and there's a certain arsenal of penalties the stewards have available - a five-second penalty, a 10-second penalty or a drive-through and then they look at the precedents.

"What we need to discuss among all of us is if certain incidents occur and they have a massive outcome in terms of what's happening maybe around the race win and what the consequences would be, that's a different story.

----‐---------------------------------------------‐-----------------------------------------

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is true also but at the same time everyone is in it to win so can you really blame Lewis and Mercedes

Jesus relax a bit will you. I never said he punted Max on purpose and I never said he was faking long COVID. If I haven’t called out the people posting that nonsense it’s because they are morons and are best ignored. Doesn’t detract from the fact the he is a whiny hypocrite.

Never said you did, but you will ignore those who do.

It’s your prerogative but it’s a fact that every race there is sh*t made up about him, and nobody who actively dislikes Hamilton will say a word while some (not necessarily you) will instead call those who do call it out ‘fanboys’.

It’s extremely irritating trying to have any conversation here without other bitching and moaning about Hamilton giving out on the radio when everyone else does the same thing. The same people laugh when Kimi does it, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well to be honest, the first mention of it in this thread was when Hamilton was crying on the radio during the race, multiple people commented on it spontaneously, maybe if he didn't do that so often it wouldn't be such a frequent topic of discussion?

Kimi getting angry on the radio for usually a good reason, and Hamilton whining because the guy in front of him is defending too hard is an apples and oranges comparison and if you think it's the same you're biased (you seem to be a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Kimi is hilarious though, he can go from calm to anger and back to calm in 0.8 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

Hamilton has self diagnosed his 'long covid'.

"I haven't spoken to anyone particularly about long COVID, but I think it is lingering there."

Do people really believe he wouldn't go see a doctor (even the team doctor) if he was experiencing 'dizziness' and 'blurriness' after the British GP?

"I had something similar in Silverstone but this is way worse. I was having real dizziness and everything got a bit blurry on the podium."

I hope he’ll be ok but it does raise the question as to whether it is safe for Lewis to compete again. If long covid can hit you out of the blue at any time, what’s to say it won’t happen in a battle mid race?

And what about Perez or any other driver or team member that’s had covid?

I've always doubted the "kimi is hilarious" nothing. He's pretty rude, which is fine, but I haven't seen the hilarity in it. The "I know what I'm doing" quote was seen as hilarious, they sell it on t-shirt and everything. If Hamilton said it, it would be thrown in as further evidence of what a nob he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I feel like Kimi is only in F1 as a way to pass the weekend

Yeah for me it's not what he says it's how he says it. Yeah he is pretty rude but he reminds of a traveller call out video where they start of kind of calm then 20 seconds later they are screaming into the camera with a knife.

Sorry for double post, quote thing is strange.

Yeah, there were talks of him calling it a day at the end of the season to spend time with family etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Hamilton has to be the biggest whiner on the radio going by what’s broadcast . He’s always crying about something when they play the radio feed. For a few weeks in a row it was how he couldn’t compete with max and how the red bull was so quick and they couldn’t compete, couldn’t be that fast etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Haha just saw this post and had to respond. Whoever this guy is he is the most toxic troll/ poster on this thread. Not one of his posts has anything to do with motorsport just his constant hate for LH. Why so obsessed with one driver?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Apparently its coming out now that Hamilton was sick because he drank Vettel's fuel after the race so he could get bumped to 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I just got back watching formula one regularly after about a ten year absence and was really enjoying it up to the last 2 races, then we were robbed of real race between Max and Lewis. Hamilton is one of the reasons I stopped watching it, for a multitude of reasons I am sure a documented on the forum. Ironically his stance on the environment and BLM etc are the only reasons I have anytime for him. Obviously he is a great driver and skillful racer but imho his amazing records and stats are skewed by having the Mercedes in this era and the amount of races and points per season compared with previous era's. That been said the amount of garbage I have read online the last 2 weeks has made my head spin. How 2 sets of people can look at the one incident and see 2 totally different things is beyond me. IMO Lewis knew if he didn't take Max on the first lap of Silverstone, he would have ran off with it like the sprint race, so he made a schoolboy error and took Max out. He didn't try kill him or want to cause millions in damage to Redbull. Same with Bottas missing his breaking point, again a schoolboy error not intentional. Toto was asked before race did he have a word with his drivers about the start, and to paraphrase he said if I have to tell them how to drive something has gone wrong, maybe now is that time? The damage to Perez's engine and Max's the previous race will hit them again before the season is out because of budget caps. A rule should come in, if you cause a crash you pay for it not the victim. So annoying we have to wait a month to see how this plays out. Thanks to bad driving we will miss 2 months of Max vs Lewis this year.

Advertisement