Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3d Printed Stuff Gallery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Back when I was developing games I had a load of 3D models made for games that ultimately never saw the light of day.
    One of them that I thought came out well for something that should have been made in CAD rather than box modelled was this Currach. I wanted to see how well something that I modelled with shortcuts that meant it was never intended to be printed would hold up. Other than Cura screaming blue murder about non-manifold parts, and a hole in the bottom that means it won't actually float I was surprised that it came out well enough. Missing detail compared to the real thing obviously.
    IW87t6B.png

552482.jpg

Have to do some filler on this one, bed refused to level so have gaps.
    Will get to see how good my sanding is.

552692.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

PCB box , individual parts. Made this with OpenSCAD with the help of the round-anything library. The likes of blender melt my head and I find making it through code more intuitive.

556293.jpg

Black version
    556294.jpg

Pulley - went slightly over the limit as to what I can get away with without using supports.

556295.jpg

18650 holder for charging - from Thingyverse
    556296.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

The holding clip for the support arm of my car's bonnet was broken, someone on thingiverse modelled one.
    dXIQyZJ.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Nice. I am going to try printing some of these feckers next and shove the $80 AUD + postage + import charges into my pocket :D

556540.jpeg

556541.jpeg

556542.jpeg

556543.jpeg

I printed a bit of M10 thread in one of the holes for the stainless bar to go through but doing so caused the slicer to mess up the Toyota logo.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Neat! How much load do those have to bear? If there's much stress on the metal rod there's a fair chance of it failing along the layer lines at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

More garage stuff.

Do a bit of amateur machining so used the 3D printer to convert a small bench-top milling machine to CNC.

First printed temporary motor mounts (black, grey and yellow, remains of PLA rolls) for a basic CNC setup. Once done, CNC milled permanent aluminum and 3D printed motor brackets (blue, ABS for better strength) for final CNC conversion/spindle motor drive upgrade. All parts modeled with Fusion 360, sliced with Cura, printed with a Creality Ender 3 Pro in an enclosure.

Second stage conversion parts CNC machined and 3D printed

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Feck all for the most part its just so you can flip the tail board down. If something rolled back it could take a bit of a pummeling but there's 2 steel clips that would prevent it coming off

• Advertisement

Nice. Is it all your design? would it be hard to make that milling machine from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Machine from a company in the UK, one of the many variations of the popular BF20 milling machine, design/printed the mounting/support parts to convert to CNC and replace the stock leadscrews with precisoin leadscrews, computer control. No more manually turning handles for cutting in X/Y/Z axis'.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

I printed this cover for behind the steering wheel of my boat but when I went to install it there was no way I could get the wheel off. Narrowly avoided making sh1t of the whole thing trying to remove it. So went back to the drawing board to come up with a version that didnt't require removing the wheel

Raspberry pi screen surround for panel-mounting. Only thing is the pi now seems to have randomly died a death 😑

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Pis can be hard on SD cards, so maybe it's just the card that died? If possible I find the option to make your filesystem read-only is a useful one.

I doubt it, card works grand in pc and no matter what card I put into it I only get one short flash on the act light. draws about 180mA from power supply and does nothing. Tried the eeprom fix image but no cigar

Could have printed a base for it as well but decided to use a scrap of hardwood instead

Clip is a separate removable part, took a few times to get it right

New heating controls. Pity they don't qualify for the grant

Boo

• Advertisement

Crawley 

Yes, I'm terrible at painting.

Hands are as steady as a jack-hammer

Let it snow

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bryan06

First time trying vase mode. I used a 0.8mm nozzle to make it more sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,429 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bryan06

A few prints from over Christmas:

Panda with movable limbs

Christmas tea light cover

Poolbeg lighthouse pull cord

Burster

Front

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

JoL

Back

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Made this for work a few years back... Everything bar the lights, tyres and wires are printed, though on a machine somewhat larger than the average desktop jobbie! ;)

Advertisement