Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

hold on... a directors cut, of a game?

Sorry, yes it is Kojima and it is a movie ruined by gameplay, sorry! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Still need to complete this.
    I was loving the cut scenes and the "online interaction" then became overwhelmed.
    I know this will be a masterpiece by the end so I will see it through.

Not to spoil anything but the ending sections kinda suck, all the good stuff is in the first half IMO.

I can't think of any game less in need of a 'director's cut', unless it's a cut which trims the fat

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not to spoil anything but the ending sections kinda suck, all the good stuff is in the first half IMO.

I can't think of any game less in need of a 'director's cut', unless it's a cut which trims the fat

I loved the end game, story bat**** crazy but i was so emotional invested in it. At the half way point, i ignored all side stuff and played itThat teaser does an almost MGS style level so looks like new stuff will be added alright. Whether it was actually cut in the first place, we may never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

I may try this again with the directors cut. I found the world fascinating and generally liked a lot about the game, but I was at a point around 15 - 20 hours in where there was just a lot of backtracking back and forth and it just felt like it dragged on too much and I gave up. Not that it'll necessarily be any better next time round but maybe some of those new gadgets will speed some things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Simliar boat, played around 10-15 hours on release, enjoyed up to a point, got side tracked by something else so decided to take a break from it. When i came back to it I didn't have a scoobies what was going so just rage quit and trading in whilst it was worth good money. Always had an inclin to give it another bash, and actually picked it up again cheap recently (think about 15quid) so I'll have the shiny PS5 version for €25, looked forward to it with the additions that's been shown, with the extra power of PS5 to boot

I cannot wait for this! I rarely keep physical games but this was one of them and gonna pay off with the 10 quid upgrade. I'm half way through to the platinum so hopefully the trophies continue over so i can jump back in. The racing looks like fluff but as players can build and share tracks, might see some interesting ones.

Can't wait to try the catapult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Torn on the director's cut. Looks a lot more shooting/combat orientated which I think would take away from it overall. The duelsense updates really sound good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

So can we upload our PS4 save and continue on or is it a complete restart?

Yupp, they said it will have save transfer support alright but not sure how yet. I imagine there'll be an update for the original with an added feature to download your save.

• Advertisement

May check my roads and zipping lines so. Haven't logged into it in ages.

Post edited by OptimusTractor on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Underground

Kojima was given free rein to do whatever he wanted with this game and they're still calling this thing the director's cut lol.

I think he just got excited by the bells and whistles on the PS5 controller and couldn't help himself. Cost effective way for Sony to make a few quid by tacking some filler on to an already finished game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

heh

Final trailer, has spoilers for those who have not played original game

Preview trailer from Gamescom

Apparently some reviewers giving praise when their original review called it boring. Anyway, the Digital Foundry is increasing, sounds like quality mode is the way to go with 4k that only dips from 60fps to 50fps during certain conditions like BT events and cutscenes.

The save transfer sounds dodgy though, you can't have any open orders and some trophy unlocks won't carry over if 'conditions have changed'. I'll be installing death stranding again tonight to prepare my save for the upgrade. Upgrade should be available at midnight tonight or tomorrow. Aus and NZ already have it for 20 dollars, it's 5 pounds in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Disappointed to see they seemingly made delivery's alot easier. Still looking forward to another playthrough though.

It was going so well for him in that video until he lost all credibility when it transpires he didn't do much if any road building. What kind of monster is he ???? I bet he never gave any likes to people either. 😂

This would be a great version to play I'd say if you've not played it before and in the ultrawide setting but I'm not sure I'd get the same out of it second time around.

Why would you build roads when there's other saps lining up to build them for you :cool:

I haven't played in months but my last run through was to try get the platinum starting with 5 star every contact but gave up half way through. I just figured id use the zip line everywhere but goddamn, roads would have come in very handy :(

I installed it there again to upload my save, figgity **** thing. Stand near a delivery terminal, press start, system, export. Anyway, i remember why i quit, i was doing jobs for the collector and his cave/trench is a nightmare to get in and out of. Need to set up a proper ladder for quick entry/exit.

I can't wait to play the upgrade. It already looked incredible so looking forward to seeing improvements.

Upgrade is $10 on the US store, downloading it now.

• Advertisement

10 euro on the Irish store, bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think I paid 10 for the game itself, still sitting at home sealed, will definitely get the upgrade at a tenner 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Grab him by the scruff and scream in his face you like that ladder, you like it 56 f'n times 🤬

I started over with this, rather than carry in a save file. That opening walk down to the first town with "Don't be so serious" playing is majestic.

You are eased in a little bit better with some better tips earlier on around how the shared world works. And I felt like I got access to some equipment a small bit earlier but to be honest, it was so long since I played the original I didn't notice a huge difference. The first time everything was new, but now I know what is happening and what i have to do so I am moving faster through it.

I did love the original so it comes as no surprise that I like this too.

Oh yeah, the cans of monster energy drink / product placement in the personal room is gone.

I decided to continue my end game save. I have 70% if trophies so gonna go for the platinum. The only problem is i forget how to play :) collector isn't on the network yet so i can't fabricate items and my boots just got destroyed so walking around in bloody socks. At least someone left a rope for me to climb out of the trench. Gotta hike back to the nearest distribution centre to make some fresh gear before heading out.

Really helped to start again though as i loved the story and like you said Grumpy, parts like that where your trekking towards a city and the music kicks in are just epic. If i do start a new playthrough, the plat will go out the window so gonna keep on keeping on with trying to get contact to 5 star. I might even build a road or 2.

Actually... Does anyone know if there are multiple save files? I wouldn't mind playing through chapter 1 again to re-learn the mechanics but don't want to lose my end game save.

Loving this all over again. Got a few facilities to 5 stars and even built a road, feels good giving back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Apparently you can fast travel back to the start and experience the new stuff from your existing save file and then just back.

You prob won't get the opening where you meet Fragile and the first body drop off trip before it opens up into the game.

Yeah, might just keep going with my save but if i fancy a playthrough of the story again, just start on a different profile. Great feeling of finding a well needed zipline and going to give it loads of thanks only to find it's one you built. *Self high five*

I never used trucks before but just delivered a **** load of goods with one so think I'm gonna load up on road materials and just go road building for a while :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was there any mention when PC will get the update?

The catapults are a bit sh!t.

• Advertisement
Advertisement