Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those Conspiracy Guys Podcasts

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Listened to the one on Port Arthur. The contributor, Damien, was very entertaining. He would make a very good co-contributor if anybody was in any way open to having a co-host ;-)

Wasn't a bad show. And he pointed out enough of the contradictions in the official story to be a considered a legitimate "conspiracy" podcast. However, the tangents were looooooooong, and the accents were incessant. He really needs to stop the childish "accents for gratification" game that seems to permeate all of the podcasts. It seems like the only actual enjoyment he gets from the show, the only thing that keeps him awake for the 4-6 hour shows, is the opportunity to mimic the accents. He IS a good impressionist, but it does get very annoying very quickly, and irritating over the period of a few hours.

But it was one of the better ones of the recent shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Listened to the one on Port Arthur. The contributor, Damien, was very entertaining. He would make a very good co-contributor if anybody was in any way open to having a co-host ;-)

Wasn't a bad show. And he pointed out enough of the contradictions in the official story to be a considered a legitimate "conspiracy" podcast. However, the tangents were looooooooong, and the accents were incessant. He really needs to stop the childish "accents for gratification" game that seems to permeate all of the podcasts. It seems like the only actual enjoyment he gets from the show, the only thing that keeps him awake for the 4-6 hour shows, is the opportunity to mimic the accents. He IS a good impressionist, but it does get very annoying very quickly, and irritating over the period of a few hours.

But it was one of the better ones of the recent shows.

How long was it?

I listened to Casefile cover it and I don’t think Gordo can better that and the thoughts of listening to him do Alf Stewart impressions for 5 hours makes me come out in hives.

Interesting discussion about Oaklahoma in a Deep Dive session. The whole thing about a truck bomb so far away from the building causing that sort of damage was ridiculous, and yer man Tom (who is an interesting enough contributor) pointed this out. Didn't know about the Clinton files being stored in the building that is certainly interesting.

Latest one is on Bob Marley. The accents are out in force for this one. I turned off pretty quickly. To be honest it was more to do with the fact that I don't really fancy listening to 5 hours about Bob Marley. I struggle now to find out why I actually listened to the show in the first place. And that is in no way a criticism of Gordo or the show. It was always going to be really hard to find topics to keep the show interesting as there are a finite number of conspiracy topics. I thought the plan was to do a deep dive in to the more popular conspiracy theories but he seems to have deviated from that plan completely and gone for the less known conspiracy theories.

He could do worse than keep Edwin Sammon on as a co-host.

Latest one is on Bob Marley. The accents are out in force for this one. I turned off pretty quickly. To be honest it was more to do with the fact that I don't really fancy listening to 5 hours about Bob Marley. I struggle now to find out why I actually listened to the show in the first place. And that is in no way a criticism of Gordo or the show. It was always going to be really hard to find topics to keep the show interesting as there are a finite number of conspiracy topics. I thought the plan was to do a deep dive in to the more popular conspiracy theories but he seems to have deviated from that plan completely and gone for the less known conspiracy theories.

He could do worse than keep Edwin Sammon on as a co-host.

The accents have gone from bad humour to irritating to just offensive now.

Did he ever do a Q-Anon episode?

• Advertisement

The prevailing themes in the show since he became a solo act that stick out to me are: begging for money to go to America, accents getting worse and worse, guests promoting stuff having limited knowledge of the topics they're on to discuss, Gordo was a mad bastard who was tried every drug known to man and every episode we got the story about the time kidnappers tried to abduct the young Gordo but were scuppered by his uncle and granny.

Add a new topic and repeat the above

redbuck wrote: »
    The accents have gone from bad humour to irritating to just offensive now. Did he ever do a Q-Anon episode?

Not by the look of it. List of the episodes here.

https://play.acast.com/s/thoseconspiracyguys

Now I know I definitely heard him speaking about QAnon before, I think he spoke about it live on some conference show.

He seems to be completely running scared from 9/11 though. They did one episode right at the start with really bad audio and a really annoying yank, but has not touched it since. When he said that he was going to "deep dive in to well known conspiracies", I read "Pentagon, Twin Towers, Put Options, Building 7 etc" but we get Bob Marley and Peter Stumpp?

Not by the look of it. List of the episodes here.

https://play.acast.com/s/thoseconspiracyguys

Now I know I definitely heard him speaking about QAnon before, I think he spoke about it live on some conference show.

He seems to be completely running scared from 9/11 though. They did one episode right at the start with really bad audio and a really annoying yank, but has not touched it since. When he said that he was going to "deep dive in to well known conspiracies", I read "Pentagon, Twin Towers, Put Options, Building 7 etc" but we get Bob Marley and Peter Stumpp?

Haha I'm expecting a Lizard people episode soon.

Yeah I noticed the 9/11 thing too, he must have got some negative backlash for the first episode which didn't go very in depth on it what so ever.

redbuck wrote: »
    Haha I'm expecting a Lizard people episode soon. Yeah I noticed the 9/11 thing too, he must have got some negative backlash for the first episode which didn't go very in depth on it what so ever.

See, I think it's a fine line he has to walk between producing content that will attract the conspiracy audience, and airing opinions that will get the show cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I havent heard anything about this podcast in a long time. Is it dead? Is Gordon okay? He is a pretty heavy guy. I can see him having health issues, I cant remember if he was pushing the covid conspiracy thing. Catching it would be a pretty **** way of finding out its real. Lots of co morbidities on the go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They just released a zodiac episode. The episode was really good. Claire is good at reigning Gordo in and keeping things moving, similar to his episodes with Paul.

The episode is 4.5 hours long so it’s not too much of a slog to get through.

Thats good to hear.

I don't know if you are joking about 4.5 hours not being a slop.

Anyway glad to hear he is well and the show is improving.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The 4.5 hours is much easier to listen to than some of their 7 hours deep dives.

Jesus seven hours. I forgot about those.

Is this podcast still a thing?

It is but it’s Very hit and miss with the release schedule.

Shame Paul didn’t splinter off and do his own thing after they split. Gordon doesn’t seem to have the passion for it anymore when it’s good it’s really good but when it’s bad it’s long episodes that go no where.

Did he ever go off on his sponsered holiday to the US with his GF?

No he didn’t. He didn’t blag enough of the public. Here’s the thing I have no problem paying for a patreon to cover the cost of a podcast and website as that stuff isn’t cheap but I draw the line when someone wants you to cover his GF’s salary for a year and pay for hotels for the.

To be fair I enjoy the podcast and I think Gordon is a bit of craic and he does put some load of effort into it the podcast when it’s on.

I agree, you pay for the content to be made and for the creators to turn a profit. But asking for your backers to pay your GF salary for the year so she can come. Is a bit much. Did they refund the backers.

I do feel sorry for Gordo, listening to a few interviews he saw the podcast as his big break. It sounds like things have sort of peeted out Podcast wise. Back to being a sh1te standup I suppose.

Advertisement