Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 11: Hungaroring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Exactly and when Red Bull have the opportunity you can be garenteed they will do the same

All part of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

That's a massive advantage. They can control the pace and probably be the only ones in the top 10 to do a 1 stop race from mediumto hard tyres. I doubt the red bulls will go from soft to hard and get through the race.

Could be a big win for Mercedes tomorrow

And Mercedes keep winning the little battles at the moment. Holding up Max in quali was naughty but Mercedes ultimately got what they wanted out of it.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

There was the same gap from Bottas to Hamilton than from Hamilton to Verstappen. Why is Hamilton getting the blame then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Absolutely. Not technically against the rules because the rules were written with the assumption there would be a basic level of decency and sportsmanship, but Lewis and Merc have been emboldened by what they got away with in Silverstone and just keep sinking to new lows.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The gap from perez to Max is disgraceful. 6 tenths is embarrassing for a teammate. He missed his last run in quali but nobody else improved and he had been miles off Max's pace all weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He wasn't going to let anyone ahead of him though. Yeah Redbull made a mistake and sacrificed track position. It is part of the game, but I think it ruins it.

I don't wanna see it going down the road of setting the fastest lap in your first run of the final session and then get out first and just stay there ruining the runners behind.

We should have had 4 or 5 cars out there lighting up the track on their final run - I think Hamilton would still have got the P1 but what happened there cannot really have pleased many fans. We had a parade/circus for the final run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Hijpo

So, Verstappen says Silverstone showed Merc and Hammiltons true colours.

Then Merc are outraged that RB have the audacity to say bad stuff about them.

Then Merc and Hammilton go and confirm everything that was said about them.

Priceless.

Hold on here.

You said Hamilton intentionally punted Max off at Silverstone and tried to kill him.

Now you’re saying this is a ‘new low’.

You’re a complete parody of yourself. Just an out and out troll at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Embarrassing carry on again from Hamilton and Mercedes. Really tarring his legacy this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It certainly seems to be a massive advantage.

It will be still interesting right at the start if we believe that the soft tyres get off the mark better.

Will we see the redbulls take their time coming around to line up tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

Then if you are Red bull, let Perez push him to hold him behind so Hamilton's tyres are out of the temp window. Sky Germany are saying that 2nd out lap in Q3 was 2.10, his first outlap in Q3 was 2.14 and his out lap in Q2 was 2.17

Horner has said he has track position and is entitled to do it but its always a travesty on here if the end result goes against Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hamilton being a d!ck again, true to form

Full list of both driver's lap times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Can't see shít, mate. Image uploads are being crunched to fúck.

This site is gone to the dogs. Have attached it

Edit even attachments don't work

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hamilton Haters out in full force despite Hamilton doing nothing wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Do you expect everyone to applaud what Merc orchestrated? They had a chance to rubbish the claims that they are a disgraceful outfit and they doubled up on it instead

Using a gentleman's agreement in that fashion, knowing the honourable team wouldn't break it.

He didn’t break any rules. The rules were written with an assumption of sportsmanship that every other driver for the last 70 years has managed.

Ironically the only parallel to this in decades of F1 also involved Hamilton, on the receiving end that time of his teammate Alonso who was retaliating against Ron Dennis’ preferential treatment of Hamilton after Alonso complied with the FIA’s investigation into the team’s industrial espionage to steal Ferrari’s blueprints that season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Is it not Redbull mistake waiting on Mercedes that cost Perez and that's where it ends . Waited too long .

Gamesmanship gone wrong is all.

Advantage Mercedes but they have been poor off the line this year so it could swing back to Redbull easily and the different tires should make it interesting .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭BikeRacer

You must be new to F1 as your lack of knowledge is pretty glaring. If you knew anything, you'd know 'the only parallel' is straight out of the Schumacher playbook except Lewis wasn't stupid enough to just deliberately stop on the track like he did in Monaco 06 trying to ruin the laps of everyone behind. This was just Redbulls tactical stupidity, but it's easier for the clueless to blame Lewis i suppose.

• Advertisement

Sure the same poster was claiming Hamilton was trying to kill Max at Silverstone and then says this is ‘a new low’.

They’re not stupid. They know exactly what they are doing.

I assume if you think that’s the closest parallel then you think Hamilton should receive a penalty similar to what Schumacher received then? Or are you just being hypocritical and you’re completely aware crashing out is an entirely different scenario?

I’d love an explanation as to how this is ‘a new low’ compared to Silverstone when you believed Hamilton intentionally punted Verstappen at high speed and tried to kill him?

You were either chatting sh*t last week or you’re doing so this week. Which is it?

To be clear, the closest (only) parallel was Hungary 2007 when Alonso held Hamilton up in the pit lane just like Hamilton held Verstappen up today. That was basically retaliation for a whole list of issues around Hamilton’s behaviour earlier in the session, Ron Dennis, Spygate etc that aren’t worth going into right now

But ultimately Alonso was given a five place grid penalty because, although he didn’t block Lewis on a flying lap, his actions ultimately cost Hamilton a fair opportunity to do a flying lap, which is exactly what Hamilton intentionally did to Verstappen today.

There’s no question of a penalty this time around, Red Bull obviously have no appetite for another dispute after the bad publicity they got for querying Merc’s actions at the last race.

But lets not pretend Hamilton’s behaviour was anything other than utterly unsportsmanlike as he just continues to disgrace himself. He will be booed every time the sport travels to a neutral circuit like Hungary, I suspect he’ll only ever be cheered again at Silverstone and possibly places like Australia who’s fan base are subject to the same gaslighting from British TV coverage that we are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭BikeRacer

As a newbie you're probably not aware of what exactly happened in Monaco 06 and what the difference to this is, and that's ok, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. There was no 'crashing out' so you're wrong here again, Schumacher had no contact with anything or any damage. He deliberately stopped on track, there was nothing wrong with the car. All the telemetry the stewards received told them this. Deliberately stopping on track to gain an advantage is against the rules, and dangerous, hence why he was stripped of pole. Lewis drove to the rules and times today, hence no penalty. Again, any other newbie questions you have, I'm happy to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Doubt his legacy will be impacted by internet trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

I feel like Netflix is responsible for bringing a lot of these new toxic fans to the sport. No interest in actual racing just the usual clan mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

So nico is on commenting duties tomorrow. Quite happy with that. Was quite impressive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

“I don’t normally say about these kind of things, but I heard a lot of booing at the end of qualifying and I don’t understand it,” said Bottas.

“I would like the people to question themselves, their behaviour, because I don’t think it’s fair.

“We are here as athletes to give every single bit we have for the sport we love.

“Lewis did an amazing lap, then you get booing, so I think the people just question yourself. It’s not right, it’s not fair and we don’t want to see these kind of things.”

Hamilton said in his interview immediately after taking pole that the booing “if anything, fuels me”.

What kind of shiteology is this?

People don't have to cheer him if they don't like him, it is up to the fans to show their like or dislike for a driver or a team. He must be reading off the PR card from Merc with saying that.

As for tomorrow, race pace RB and Merc are very close, I wonder what strategies there will be with the opposing choices.

Advertisement