Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freeman Megamerge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sure, the test booking data can be looked up by anyone but he's publicly linking it to a named person. In other words, doxxing. I always thought he was a right bollox but that's pretty bad even for him.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Even caring about fifth in a three (or two if the polls are right) horse race that much is odd, particularly when there's already huge amounts of negative stuff easily out there

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

BnB wrote: »

What will running the script do? Just checking the status of the nct? Curious as I don't have a car so unaware of its impact

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

AhhHere wrote: »
    What will running the script do? Just checking the status of the nct? Curious as I don't have a car so unaware of its impact

Impact?

It is about a grown man harassing someone over something really trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Sure, the test booking data can be looked up by anyone but he's publicly linking it to a named person. In other words, doxxing. I always thought he was a right bollox but that's pretty bad even for him.

It has also escaped him that NCT tests were deferred by several months with the resultant being that virtually every car in the country is in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭blackwhite

whippet wrote: »
    What a horrid nasty pathetic thing to do …. What is his beef?

Enda Kenny refused his demands for a few million €€€ "supports" for his tech conference and so he threw his toys out of the pram and moved it to Portugal, and has spent his time since shilling for Sinn Fein and attacking anything and everything related to the past or current government.

whippet wrote: »
    Impact?

It is about a grown man harassing someone over something really trivial

I'm not condoning any harrassment. Genuinely don't know what it does as I dont have a car (as mentioned in my post). If you care to explain what it does, I'd be grateful.

Sheesh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It has also escaped him that NCT tests were deferred by several months with the resultant being that virtually every car in the country is in the same boat.

And due to some IT cockup, they have extended some validity far further than they should have, making it very difficult to book a test for them at all.

I had a car off the road for ages, so the original extension had expired - the day I got it back on the road I got a letter extending it to the end of August, so ~15 months after the original cert expired!

L1011 wrote: »
    And due to some IT cockup, they have extended some validity far further than they should have, making it very difficult to book a test for them at all.

I had a car off the road for ages, so the original extension had expired - the day I got it back on the road I got a letter extending it to the end of August, so ~15 months after the original cert expired!

I went to book a NCT on Tuesday; some test centres were offering their first available dates in mid September!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I'm not condoning any harrassment. Genuinely don't know what it does as I dont have a car (as mentioned in my post). If you care to explain what it does, I'd be grateful.

Sheesh

So, a person running in the south dublin by election had an expired NCT on their car.
    This chap wrote a script that queried the cars details in their database every 60 seconds so he could see when it had been booked in for an NCT.

He realised it was petty, so he named the script he wrote petty.exe or something, but the reality is this guy is just a creep, he is a perpetual moaner with a real elevated opinion of himself, an internet mouthpiece with an opinion on everything (I say from my hidden name on the internet).

Anyway, presumably the database is open to query from the public, I think when I have booked an NCT in the past, all you needed to do first was enter your car registration number, and it would tell you when your NCT was due to expire and offer you slots to book a test, but you needed further information to actually book it.

So, he is not doing anything that you can't do, but it's like elevated facebook stalking, yeah sure, all the info is there publically available, but, you have clearly used it in a manner that was never intended.

So, I suppose, people running for office should be of good moral standing etc, he thinks that her car is not safe according to the governments own rules... but I don't know the persons personal situation, are they using the car? you might not need it in south dublin with public transport and shopping deliveries... I don't know, presumably he does, and he thinks it is relevant to the substance of their character....

So, that's just the pettyness, there is also the suggestion that doing this has doxxed the person running for the seat, he provided a screenshot from the NCT which would show information like the make model and colour of the car, not sure if the registration number was blanked out, but still, more information about a private citizens private vehicle than required...

He's just a bit of a creep

• Advertisement

eldamo wrote: »
    So, a person running in the south dublin by election had an expired NCT on their car.
    This chap wrote a script that queried the cars details in their database every 60 seconds so he could see when it had been booked in for an NCT.

He realised it was petty, so he named the script he wrote petty.exe or something, but the reality is this guy is just a creep, he is a perpetual moaner with a real elevated opinion of himself, an internet mouthpiece with an opinion on everything (I say from my hidden name on the internet).

Anyway, presumably the database is open to query from the public, I think when I have booked an NCT in the past, all you needed to do first was enter your car registration number, and it would tell you when your NCT was due to expire and offer you slots to book a test, but you needed further information to actually book it.

So, he is not doing anything that you can't do, but it's like elevated facebook stalking, yeah sure, all the info is there publically available, but, you have clearly used it in a manner that was never intended.

So, I suppose, people running for office should be of good moral standing etc, he thinks that her car is not safe according to the governments own rules... but I don't know the persons personal situation, are they using the car? you might not need it in south dublin with public transport and shopping deliveries... I don't know, presumably he does, and he thinks it is relevant to the substance of their character....

So, that's just the pettyness, there is also the suggestion that doing this has doxxed the person running for the seat, he provided a screenshot from the NCT which would show information like the make model and colour of the car, not sure if the registration number was blanked out, but still, more information about a private citizens private vehicle than required...

He's just a bit of a creep

Thank you. I appreciate you breaking it down. He is going off the rails. That is disgraceful behaviour.

Thank you. I appreciate you breaking it down. He is going off the rails. That is disgraceful behaviour.
    I reckon he thought it would take on a head of steam, some grass roots movement where everyone she tried to doorstep would just ask "what about your NCT lady?"

but, his attachment to reality aint what it might be...

Fun and games and by electoral shenanigans down Dublin South Bay way.

Air Line owning Dolores Cahill had her Telegram Account compromised on Thursday last. Seems that her passwords were changed to lock her out and it subsequently being filled with videos relating to Ben and Vinny's latest scam campaign, Make Change Happen. Ben of course denies anything to do with with and apparently she should take it up with her media manager, who was or wasn't paid to manage her accounts.

Coincidentally, Ben was recently outside Leinster House to rattle the begging bowl for #Elect40 as well as his usual pile of good causes. It's unclear if he means 40 seats or 40 votes but look on the bright side; unlike her and Justin Ben won't lose his deposit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I'd not heard of the couple at the centre of this particular case, though it sounds very much like some of the usual suspects must have been involved. It looks to me like a perfect example of what complete nonsense listening to any of these is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The name is very familiar from the world of Fake Facebook Lawyers.

I think Barrett J. is quite right to call a lot of this out and to point out for most people a little engagement and advice from the right people will probably have you staying in your home in a far more sustainable way.

The reason these lads are still around is (a) they want the donations and kudos from their disciples and (b) they themselves are in so deep that no personal insolvency arrangement can possible save them and to do so would be to admit they were always full of it.

I read the judgement in full yesterday. In it Justice Barret all but dragged the Cussons into MABS to get them to sort this out the proper way. Were there a way, I wish that he could have compelled the schysters advising them to attend court to explain themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Whatever about the freeman stuff, if it's in the constitution that the judge should have to present his oath on request then he should bloody well have to do so. This is the problem with legal a-holes - it's an occupation of snobbery and double standards. They happily throw the book at you but don't like it being thrown back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

What does "present his oath" even mean? And where in the constitution is it mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,123 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is it in the constitution? what do you think "present his oath" even means?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

It's not in the Constitution so good luck trying to find any relevant book to throw at the judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

It doesn't matter if it's in there or not, that's not my point. You are proving my point with this line "good luck trying to find any relevant book to throw at the judge" i.e. there is no book you can throw at them. They are a law unto themselves and act as though they are some kind of supreme being. Just look at the case today of the two women laundering money for one of the gangs. 2 years suspended sentence because they said they "didn't know". Please..

Judge says "I dont see any good reason to send them to prison". It's a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Judges are a "law unto themselves"? Oh please.

Usually people who slam the judiciary (and in particular suspended sentences) do so without any understanding of the reasoning behind their decisions, there are accepted sentences (custodial and non-custodial) which are appropriate based on the unique circumstances of each case, Mr. Justice Hunt would be well up on appropriate sentencing given all the facts of the case and applied what is known as the O'Keefe principle (and others) which often dictates that a suspended sentence is preferable over a custodial sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

It's freeman nonsense !! Back to basics on the thread

An IT guy I used to work with has gone full anti vaxx over the last little while on Facebook, I was overlooking it until he started posting videos of Ben TM. He baited me into interacting with him.

Ben is really the gold seal of something being utter toss.

The constitution is freeman nonsense is it? Like something someone in the legal profession would say alright.

Except I'm not in the legal profession

however this article will give you more context

Defendant asks judge to show oath of office in court stand-off

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/defendant-asks-judge-to-show-oath-of-office-in-court-stand-off-26760267.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Must be a "freeman" cult down in The Ballagh, Wexford. Both above case and the hilariously funny Elizabeth/Christopher Cussen case are from the Balagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

"The father of three responded that he was marking the bail paperwork under duress with his left hand as he was right-handed naturally."

The same natural person.

Advertisement