Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf - things that you love

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I've been using the driver I got when I bought a full set for €200. Finally upgraded after my coach recommended I did. €89 on a 2014 second hand Bio Cell+. I know it's not going to be as good as a newer driver but I didn't scope around much and knew this would be an improvement on what I had without breaking the bank. Really looking forward to using it. Love the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Memories of Seve Ballesteros.
    4852773041018657102e6d1c0b35b908.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

Putting you in a position to spend time with people you never would have had the chance to otherwise

Playing with your son.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Playing with your son.

Yeh I can say this too about playing with Dad.

So lucky to be able to spend so many hours golfing with him.

• Advertisement

Ken on the course.

watch-ken-on-the-course-is-back-and-it-s-as-bizarrely-brilliant-as-ever.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Nailing a 3 wood from about 220/230 out onto the green. I find the hardest shot in golf is hitting the 3 wood of the deck.. I did nail my rescue 200 yds out into a head wind last weekend at the Boards outing great feeling! of course I missed the birdie putt though :D

Tin Cup

1587139319566.jpeg

Winning an Interclub Match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

Watching a downhill right to left putt track, track, track and then drop in to the hole after having to convince yourself to start it "that" far outside the hole.

Pity the sound is not there at the moment. It'll come back!

• Advertisement

a long walk with a putter

must be nice having a caddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

DuckSlice wrote: »
    Love this also, trying to shoot to your handicap on a new course is something i also reallyu enjoy.

Beating your handicap on a course you never played before :D the day after you shoot +15 over your handicap on a new course :(

Seeing your good score on the computer just before you press accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Playing interclub matchplay. I love it but have played very little of it.

interclub matchplay is the best!!

Its a weird one where you want to win, like trounce them because the pressure of a close match in the last few holes is ridiculous. Winning a close match is sweeter but the stress.... did I mention the stress?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Daniel son

A random warm evening or just winning things.

Either or.

Advertisement