Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Netflix

• 23-02-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I can't find much information out about this.. except it's based on the video game (which I haven't played).

It's on Netflix tho... so.. maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron are two very good games, with a huge amount of fan service, and as much of the original cast as possible.

I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Plus it's not related to the video games series

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I dunno if I'm being picky, but a lot of that dialogue seems off.

"This is the final days"... surely should be "these are the final days" or "this is the final day"?

Also using "this war" twice in 2 sentences

That's stuff I was told off for doing in secondary school like

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Watching the first 2 episodes now...
    I miss Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. Guess I was spoiled by Transformer Prime. The dialogue and delivery for Optimus seems very forced/stilted and overly dramatic. Disappointed with Soundwave's voice too.

Jetfire (though I always preferred the Skyfire name myself) as leader of the Seekers is an interesting one. Starscream as usual is trying to overthrow his superiors.

The first scene with Wheeljack and Bumblebee was a nice throwback to the G1 opener, with the almost role-reversal between them combined with not everyone having picked a side yet, or is currently on the "wrong" side.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I watched the whole thing but one thing I did wonder
    They went back to the space bridge that Wheeljack and Bumblebee found when looking for energon, yet the energon seemed to disappear. Did I miss something or was it a different space bridge. Just when they kept on about needing energon, I just kept wondering why Wheeljack didn't mention all that energon

I'm not a big Transformers watcher, watching gen 1 as a kid, think the first season of Prime, occasional episode of others and the recent Prime Wars Trilogy.

But one thing I noticed with this is so many of them speak so slow that they could be sloths (as seen in Zootopia)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Finished this today have to say I enjoyed it. Nice prequel to gen 1. Very interested to see where they go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LV-426

Dialogue clunky and dramatic. Did enjoy the prime series.

Yep, finished it the other day and my impression didn't really improve. It was "OK" but I preferred (and still do) the voice acting, depth and animation style of Prime myself.

It was over very quickly too, and for all the talk of seeing the war on Cybertron, there wasn't very much action really. A few limited skimishes and lots of characters talking back n forth. The recent Bumblebee movie(or the WFC games a few years back) did it better.

When is the next season? Next year?

Chapter 2 releases 30th December

• Advertisement

Wait now... so is
    Galvatron a separate character in this or are there time-travel shenanigans going on? I see Unicron in there too at the end.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Wait now... so is
    Galvatron a separate character in this or are there time-travel shenanigans going on? I see Unicron in there too at the end.
    Wouldn't be the first time for either, Target: 2006 is a famous Marvel story where a time displaced Galvatron helps Megatron wreck virtually every Transformer going including Rodimus. A newly powered up Powermaster Optimus manages to slow him down just long enough for the universe to take it's irritance with him messing stuff up out on on him.

In the sadly now defunct IDW -ATION continuity, Galvatron is very much a separate entity to Megatron.

Wouldn't be the first time for either, Target: 2006 is a famous Marvel story where a time displaced Galvatron helps Megatron wreck virtually every Transformer going including Rodimus. A newly powered up Powermaster Optimus manages to slow him down just long enough for the universe to take it's irritance with him messing stuff up out on on him.

In the sadly now defunct IDW -ATION continuity, Galvatron is very much a separate entity to Megatron.
    It was actually Time Wars when Galvatron (with Megatron in tow) went on a rampage - was a great multi-part series that. I have scans of all the UK/US G1 comics you see. It was the only way to finally get to read endings/beginnings to stories that just didn't show in the newsagent that week (Ahhh the 80s!) :p

Much prefer that one is the evolution of the other myself - although it's actually that point in the Movie (and the subsequent revenge against Starscream) that G1 took a dive IMO :(

Oooh of course! Sorry, I always get confused with the two, Time wars is a follow on :)

Earthrise now available on Netflix. Note that it's treated as a separate show so won't show up under the first chapter
    https://www.netflix.com/title/81393633?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So Galvatron is a future Megatron, and is apparently enslaved by Unicron, so wants to help Megatron change history.

They land on pre-historic Earth, but the raptor is already Cybertronian, so have the future Maximals and Predacons already crashed on Earth, and are in the middle of the Beast Wars, or will it be the AllSpark has created them?

Unless they somehow McGuffin it, Elita has to be dead.

Megatron appeared to have some affection for her, so maybe that will play in to his character in Kingdom.

Liked what they did with the Quintesson.

This really needs to be longer than six twenty minute episodes. It's very Rise of Skywalker like. This happens, then this happens, then this happens with no pause for breath, and not enough character building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Watched both seasons back to back over the last few days and found it rather meh. The voice acting just feels off and the time it takes for certain characters (Optimus) to say anything, is like listening to paint dry. The story drags and it's almost like the writers took an old G1 cartoon episodes plot and stretched it over half a dozen episodes.

It's no Transformers Prime by any stretch but it has its moments
    - the Galvatron sequence in S2E5 was pretty cool (complete with the G1 throwback to G1 as he materialises/is retrieved by Unicron)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Was the first first season (Siege) recently removed from Netflix?

Or am I imagining that it was there last week?

EDIT: the Netflix app was in the Children profile. Siege only became available when I switched to my own profile.

Siege is PG though so why doesn’t it show it the Kids section?

• Advertisement

Just saw online when checking when shows were returning in the coming months that Part 3, Kingdom is due May 30th

transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=300&dpr=1.5

Yeah the May 30th date must've been an old date that wasn't updated on the site I was looking at.

This and new Masters of the Universe a week apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

The voices sound less flat, which is a good start!

Who am I kidding, no matter what criticisms I may have, I'll be watching this regardless!

Kingdom is out today. Looks gorgeous on OLED Tv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Just finished up Kingdom and enjoyed every minute of it. The jump in quality from the previous two seasons in voice acting is pretty massive, so no needing to watch it at 1.5x as with Siege and Earthrise. Story wise, it's pretty much what was expected but suffers from low episode count, so some major plot points from the previous two shows are just completely forgotten about.

7/10

Was good and left pretty open for more. Will see if netflix agrees to more

Advertisement