Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Computer Haul and Restoration

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I should also add, the other Amigas may have them on memory expansions in the trapdoor expansion area. It was the Plus variant that had one integrated into the main board though.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

TY for the heads up will open them up and remove them, fingers crossed no leakage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

This is the one I remember playing in school... not sure if I owned one, or just played a friend's. Used to get up to some crazy speeds!

Felt like I was driving a Delorian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Amazing haul , good job, best of luck restoring and finding homes for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

What a haul! Best of luck with the restorations 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I wanted the Red Tomy Tronic as it reminded me of Tron but after a couple of years asking they got me the Blue one

I bought the red one a couple of years

Cleaning both of them up at the minute there was some corrosion, hopefully can get them up and running.

Finally getting around to testing some bits, Tested and working Toshiba MSX with soccer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You gave up on the restoration idea then? Saw the listing on Adverts.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Didn't give up as such, working 6day weeks with new job so barely any time to myself let alone enough to get through this bundle.

I've fixed up, 1c64 and tape deck, 4 2600's, a C64gs, 2 Sord M5's, 2 sharp mz7000's, working on a spectrum plus 2 cassette drive at the minute but not gonna lie the amount still left to even un box is a little overwhelming :)

That's why I put half of it up for sale still leaves me with a big enough pile to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Work always gets in the way! I'm just a lotto win away from taking that listing off your hands.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Haha and I'm a lotto win away from keeping it 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gg3390

Hello - what a great collection. You don't have your username on Adverts? - Either I cant see any ads, or they've been all sold.. Thank you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Crikey ...how did I miss this !

I had a Sord M5 as a kid , my first computer which I inherited from a cousin

Also I used to have most of the Tomy Tronics at one point when I was really actively collecting ,including a pretty rare yellow Jungle Fighter one , sold them on while back though.

Have a really old youtube video of the collection here if anyones interested (was recorded on an old camcorder so low quality but still might be of interest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damMnxulEqI

Advertisement