Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017 skoda superb

• 22-07-2021 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi wondering if anyone has any experience with the 1.6 skoda superb 120bhp engines, I'm tempted to buy one at moment. Currently own an A4 143bhp, is this 1.6 engine very sluggish compared to the 2.0 engine? Seems like such a small engine for such a big car? Would mpg be better than the 2.0?

Regards

Post edited by buzzing147 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bop1977

I have the 2l diesel estate and they need the bigger engine. id go for the 2l like this one:

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/superb/fpa/202106083622645?journey=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭buzzing147

Yea true, just wondering if the 1.6 120ps is a decent engine and not too sluggish for a big car?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ndm123

I own a 2016 1.6 120hp Superb. I've had it for about a year now. It's an extremely comfortable car, great fuel efficiency, and very easy to drive but it does lack that bit of punch. My previous car had about 190hp and I just needed something sensible but I wish I went for the 2 litre.

I got a good deal on my one but if I was in the market again I would definitely go for the 2 litre. I think the 2 litre is about 150 brake, however you can get the 1.6 remapped to this, not sure I would tbh as I had trouble with a car remap previously.

The car has a huge tank, nearly 60 litres and I can easily get 1100km out of it while commuting, and if just on the motorway I would probably get closer to 1300km on a tank. The only thing about it is that as a result of it being sluggish you won't drive it too hard, cause there's no point really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ndm123

It can overtake cars easily enough, but compared to my previous car I find myself overtaking a bit less often as I need a small bit more road to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭jmreire

We have two Superbs in the Family ( + an Octavia ) a 152, and a 161, Both are 1.6 Diesels and they are great cars. As others have said on here, if you have the choice, go for the 2.0 , but having said that, even with the 1.6, they will cruise happily, comfortably and economically all day long at 120 Kph on the motirways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Another two Skoda Superb family, don't discount the 1.4 150bhp if you can find one. Gives up very little to the diesel in economy but is quicker and much more refined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Looking at second hand Superbs at the moment but I wish I knew how badly distorted the market was due to Brexit etc on this specific model.

Discussing it on Newstalk this morning and Tv3 as well https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/status/1422610717761433601?s=19

Like how much has this year/mileage model increased in price by over the last few months? Are we talking a grand or five grand?

I was initially interested in an estate but they command a crazy premium

2017 Skoda Superb

Style 2.0Tdi 150bhp 

€21,950 - 50,517 m / 81,297 km, 2.0 Diesel

blob:https://www.boards.ie/4c640014-602f-46fc-ad3e-2d2cd2f076e8 There was an error displaying this embed.

http://www.carsireland.ie/2873751

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Impossible to tell by exactly what percentage prices are creaping up on used cars, but certainly nothing like €5k on that Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw an article yesterday saying used car prices were up 40% year on year.

thought that was a bit high, but they’re certainly up 25-30% in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My sister was going to change her car she bought last year (or was it the year before, can't remember) and the exact same model, spec and year, but with more mileage, is on sale in the same place she got hers, with an asking price of €1,500 more than what it was for hers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement