Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The litany of arrests and criminal convictions among Trump associates and people he hired during his tenure is truly staggering.

I mean can get tricked by a con-artist once maybe even twice , but we're up to over a dozen at this point.

You'd almost be driven to think that he is either rampantly criminal himself or at best wildly incompetent and an utterly appalling judge of character.

Trump does'nt care and never did about the "truly staggering" number of arrests and convictions among his associates: Trump is truly 'use and discard' when it comes to associates and acquaintances.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

One of the Republicans PR Agents going full bore with the 'accuse others of that which you are guilty' strategy.

Their reason for doing is pretty clever if you're of an immoral, selfish, 'power at all costs' mindset.

Messages won't convince any but the completely fully signed up hard right conservatives but what it will do is negate the message of Republicans who are actually guilty of supporting an insurrection.

Lots of people will put it down to 'both sides are at it' without actually peeling back the cover and trying to understand just who did what.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a classic case of say it enough times and it will stick. There's absolutely no one unless they are next level dumb dumbs or deluded that will believe that but unfortunately conservatives and right wingers aren't short of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The way the republicans have handled this post January 6th commission stuff has been so stupid. They asked for and got what they wanted for the commission and assumed the democrats would say no, but they didn’t so then the GOP shat themselves and didn’t know what to do so threw their toys out of the pram.

I heard an audio clip that the Washington post have of an interview they did with trump in mar a lago in March of this year. The guy is in alternate universe lads. In addition to what he’s already said, he’s now claiming that native Americans(he’s called them Indians) were paid to vote which is just nuts. It’s not his lawyers fault btw, it’s his judges on the Supreme Court who he’s disappointed in, with particular disappointment for Brett Kavanagh. He thinks because he stood by Kavanagh during that whole mess with the allegations, that Kavanagh owes him, which kind of sums up trump.

• Advertisement

^^^handled in a way so that any supporter with the most simpleton mindset can be spoon-fed and not become angry and counterproductive to their idols.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It gets even stupider when you have to listen them bleat on about 'Law and Order' like it's a concept they are willing to die for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's really sad to hear trump being questioned about Melania. It always throws him and he comes up with some BS about her being very busy when it's very obvious he has outlived his usefulness and she has pissed off to pastures greener.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Almost as if Trump operates on a "quid pro quo" basis after all... hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump - "THEY ARRESTED THE WRONG BARRACK!!!!!!" 🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Little does he know or care how much damage Kavanagh and crew are doing with their conservative majority.

But I guess it was really always Mitch's game, not Trumps

In more news regarding associate justice Brett Kavanagh, the FBI have revealed that they received nearly 4,000 tips in relation to the short investigation they did around his confirmation hearing and only ten were sent to the White House counsel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump obviously has no idea what a router is

In other news, Kinzinger (R) added to the select committee to Investigate January 6th capitol attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sure remember when he thought a server was an actual physical device when it was Hilarys emails they're after

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Look he has just learned a new word. He said it lots of times so he would remember it. Next week or next year he will learn what a router is, don't rush him.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

He got new tables in Mar a Loco, they were all square and he needs to sort out the edges.

I would say the conversation went something like...

Mr Trump, its pronounced 'root-er'

Rooter? I barely touched her, you'll have to speak to Michael about that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given the likely demographics of Trump supporters, especially those still clinging onto support like he's their political Messiah, it's just looping into a very standard "computers are magic" mantra. It's Trump 101 aside from that: a simple message, small words infinitely repeated. And from a purely Machiavellian point of view, kinda smart.

It's asking for something irrelevant to the issue (albeit a case that won't die), and anyone with the smallest technical knowledge knows this so of course the request would be denied - but then it plays into a narrative of "aha, what are they hiding??" for those invested in conspiracy. But you might as well request the polling stations lunch orders for all the relevance it'd have.

I suspect I'll go to my grave decades hence, and I'll still read of die hard red staters, harping on about the "stolen" 2020 election. Assuming by then the US hasn't completely pitched itself into an internal war.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭looksee

At the same time he may have overplayed his hand as really knowing (roughly) what a router does is so basic to most people, including conspiracy theory people who would tend to use computers, that it may have been enough to put a seed of doubt into a few minds. He really wasn't getting much response from the crowd in the video.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They would simply handwave it away as Trump REALLY meaning the servers etc. instead as they did all the time during his presidency to explain what he REALLY meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭amandstu

Post edited by amandstu on

I see the hearings into what happened on January 6th started today. Ive not been watching but from the few bits of quotes I’ve seen on Twitter from reporters doesn’t hold up the narrative of trump and the GOP about what the officers experienced and what those of us who watched TV coverage saw either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Cutting first hand testimony from the frontline uniformed officers involved.

All those "law and order" Trump supporters should take a long hard look at themselves.

Committee member Adam Kinzinger (R) is crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The GOP have changed tack. It isn't that it didn't happen, or that it was really serious. But it apparently is all Pelosi's fault. Or something.

well does the speaker of the house have any authority over the Capitol Hill police and the metropolitan police ? I doubt that office for all its power has that power. I did see one of the GOP members of Congress blame the Biden administration for the events of January 6th which was some next level time travel. I’d love to know the logic behind an administration that didn’t take office until two weeks AFTER these events can be blamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Maybe something along the lines of...

"Oh Nancy Nancy Nancy, if only you had presented yourself on the portable gallows that we brought along for the afternoon.

Maybe even brought Mike Pence along too.

All this fussing over nothing could have been avoided."

The mental contortions they need to do to rationalise and legitimise the Trump supporters' behaviour is quite convoluted.

I don’t know if any of ye remember the grandson of president bush 41(and nephew of bush 43) and son of jeb bush, George P Bush went out of his way to get an endorsement from trump, well today trump endorsed his opponent for the election in Texas. It just shows all these GOP politicians will prostate themselves at the altar of Donald trump for his endorsement, when if they’d any bit of self respect they’d realise it’s a one way street.

Seems like Djt will be subpoenaed to the January 6th commission, a pity he can't hide behind the Barr justice dept anymore

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And , given the result of the Mo Brooks case yesterday he can't try to claim executive privilege either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This should get interesting:

The Justice Department directed the Treasury Department to hand over former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to Congress, a move that means six years of Trump’s personal and business financial information could become public.

“We conclude that the Secretary must comply with the Ways and Means Committee’s June 16, 2021 request” for the tax returns and related tax information, the department’s Office of Legal Counsel said in a 39-page opinion posted on its website Friday.

The Ways and Means Committee, which is controlled by Democrats, can choose to publish a report about Trump’s income and tax information based on the IRS returns, effectively making his tax returns public. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement Friday that access to Trump’s tax returns “is a matter of national security.”

Advertisement