Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Summer/Autumn 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Constant rumbles again here in South Kildare the last 20 minutes or so, this time off to the west towards Abbeyleix/Durrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can hear all the thunder and see all the structure of the clouds here in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Constant thunder rumbling south Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Yep - constant rumbles of thunder now around Lough Graney (near Gort, S. Galway)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Frequent roles of distant thunder here near Athenry

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Unbelievable how fast the clouds are bubbling up, haven't seen that since my last time in Germany. Thunder is pretty much constant and getting louder, excited!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I can see some big convection near by, if only the person beside me would turn off the car I might hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Constantly booming here just north of Durrow... 28c also!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thunder rumbling Galway City very dark to South

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The latest SIGMETs have those Biscay storms in a weakening phase at the moment. Probably not much to be had from them, so it's all eyes on the homegrown stuff.

EGGX SIGMET 07 VALID 231330/231530 EGRR- EGGX SHANWICK FIR EMBD TS OBS WI N4852 W00823 - N4846 W00953 - N5004 W00956 - N5006 W00810 - N4852 W00823 TOP FL300 STNR WKN=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Woooosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

The best thunder and lightning in many a year in my part of south west Laois. Constant booms and fork lightning everywhere with torrential rain and hail...Loving it😁

A new SIGMET has popped up for those storms over Ireland. Tops at 37,000 ft, which is very high for Ireland.

EISN SIGMET 01 VALID 231345/231545 EINN- EISN SHANNON FIR FRQ TSGR FCST WI N5310 W00700 - N5245 W00700 - N5245 W00930 - N5315 W00945 - N5310 W00700 TOP FL370 MOV WNW 10KT NC=

Shannon Airport expecting thunderstorms imminently.

METAR EINN 231400Z 14008KT 9999 FEW035CB 28/16 Q1013 TEMPO 3000 TSRA=

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Just had a good blast see in nenagh

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

Rumbling noises round the Lough Derg side of the Arra mountains for the last half hour, now a little light rain. still sunny, hot and humid, but clouds converging.

Just north of Gort. Looks class..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I'm ballyloughan galway epic can see storm clouds rolling in big rumbles

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Line of Storms

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Light shower with Heavy drops just passed in Ennis, loud long rumbles audibles.

However it's the smell you'd really notice, the smell of the first rain hitting the grass, maybe ozone in the atmosphere too?

Suns out again drying everything right up very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big convergence zone in Clare/ South Galway by the looks of it , big cells getting powered up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking south from Athlone. A beautiful line of big tall towers marching along to the south.

Wish they were detouring north

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

The frequency and density of strikes in that main storm is really impressive. And it's Bord Bia certified made in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Fantastic to see. Makes it sweeter that there’s zilch over Britain!

Makes a change !! 😂

Those storms should migrate over Galway city and towards the W coast later this afternoon / early evening, maybe a chance later tonight along the South coast especially coastal Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

One strike overhead, electricity gone. Hopefully no damage done to appliances, thunder isn't that loud but very dark and ominous outside with torrential rain

Advertisement